• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the tour 2015?

Who will win the Tour 2015?

• Froome

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Contador

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Nibali

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Quintana

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Purito

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Valverde

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Tj Van Garderen

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Pinot

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
If there's any mod who want to make the poll, here's my list, add one if you can missed someone relevant (don't think i can make the poll)

You can look at here at the stage profiles http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2015/us/overall-route.html

So the dauphine is done, tour du sud still to come but i don't think it'll give us much info on the riders but usually a week before the tour another poll will make so right now who do you think will win it?

Suisse has no one gc relevant imo, at least FTW.

Quintana hasn't raced in 2 months but won TA with a very impressive MTF. But that's his only relevant result, in romandie he was rather eh. I expect him to be 100% though, if he survives the first week he'll have a good shot it but it won't be easy for him and i'm doubtful he'll be able to ride away from the rest.

Nibali will be ready for the tour. 2014 shape? I would say he'd be close to it. His bad year so far doesn't mean anything since the same happened last year. And his team will be amazing i think.

Froome is ready too. He's not as insane as 2013 but he'll be very close to that level. The dauphine proved that but no ITT isn't good for him but in 2013 that wasn't an issue then again i don't think he'll be at the same level, close though.

Contador. Well who knows, i've no clue. If his plan was really to do the giro at 90% and he can somehow be 100% at the tour i would definitely put my money on him. But that's a big if though, his team is potentially the best one if everyone is 100%.

Purito looked very good in the dauphine, especially for him who usually isn't that great pretour races (unlike a froome for example). Can podium it, don't think he can win it as he has never proven to be the best climber in the tour and much of all or nothing attitude in a gt and he would need that to win.

Tj looks to be in the form in his life, he's the only one in the dauphine who could somewhat stay close to froome. But this parcours isn't really suited for him, but a very good TTT of his team can put him in a very good position.

Piti looked poor, i expect him to be way better than this knowing how his year went so far. He looked amazing in april, i don't expect as much anymore from him. This tour is perfect for him but he's never proven to win it anyways and especially how he looked now. He might have been toying around, i expect him to still win on the mur.

So who is gonna win it?

A lot can change but based on what i've seen from nibali in tour '14 and his team so far this year he has the best chance to win it. The parcours is one that also suits nibali's downhill powers for example

Tour_2015_Stage_17_Digne-les-Bains-Pra-Loup.png

According to hinault and riders who finished the dauphine this year, this is the most dangerous descend they've ever done. A nibali can easily gain 1 minute on it, i would even go as far to say 2 min. Will the others even risk it? And where will you take it back on him? Especially if you already lost time on the cobbles for example

Nibali wins the tour imo.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
Based purely on likelihood to win: Contador with Nibali as the 2nd most likely winner.

Do you make that prediction thinking contador will be 100%? Or do you think he doesn't need it?

It's for me hard to believe he'll be 100% after all, hence why i ask.

BigMac said:
Can't see past Fuglesang.

he looked really good in suisse but only nibali is allowed to win :D but he'll be superdom for sure

i think froome will be in best form, i don't see how quintana takes time on anyone due to his lack of kick. contador has the giro to deal with. i think nibali is the weakest, physically of the 4, but cobbles, decents and lack of TT miles makes him where i would put my money if i was betting.

Re: Re:

Miburo said:
Netserk said:
Based purely on likelihood to win: Contador with Nibali as the 2nd most likely winner.

Do you make that prediction thinking contador will be 100%? Or do you think he doesn't need it?

It's for me hard to believe he'll be 100% after all, hence why i ask.
It is based on the premise that he might be 100, 95 or 90 %. Of course I don't think each scenario is equally likely, but all scenarios are accounted for.

TRENDING THREADS