• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the Tour?

Who will win?

• Nibali

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Quintana

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • Contador

Votes: 47 27.6%
  • Froome

Votes: 46 27.1%
  • Pinot

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Peraud

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Bardet

• Rodriguez

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • van Garderen

• Betancur/other

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Oleg will throw bottles of Champagne at the race officials :D
Hard to say who'll win it, I just can't see Froome winning it, the first week is a nightmare for him and he has to deal with 3 really strong rivals.
I can see Quintana, Nibali or Contador winning, I don't think that Conttador will win, but I wouldn't bet against him. He'll be better than in 2011 but his rivals will be way stronger and hopefully not rrace like cowards and wait forr the last few stages.
Contador and Nibali are the guys that can attack on all kind of terrains, so they could be natural allies.
If Contador doesn't win he won't be on the podium, it's all or nothing for him.

I have no clue. Well my guess is someone from the big 4, but I think Quintana is the least likely.

Contador is a huge questionmark. First or out of the top 3, but I just don't know if he can be at his best and needs to be that.

Also...the first week. Their will victims. I just soooo hope their won't be any.

Or maybe Purito :)

Surprising so many people think, alberto will win. IMO it is extremely close between three riders but AC is not one of them. If he hadn't ridden the giro I would see him on the same level as froome, nibali and quintana but with the giro in his legs he has a clear disadvantage. (Although that shouldn't mean I don't believe contador can win, I just don't think he is the nr.1 favorite)

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Not very surprising at all. Contador has a lot more fans here than the others, and fans allowing their assessments of what will happen to be contaminated with wishful thinking is a robust finding in all sports.

TRENDING THREADS