• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the Tour?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win?

• Nibali

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Quintana

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • Contador

Votes: 47 27.6%
  • Froome

Votes: 46 27.1%
  • Pinot

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Peraud

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Bardet

• Rodriguez

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • van Garderen

• Betancur/other

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Not very surprising at all. Contador has a lot more fans here than the others, and fans allowing their assessments of what will happen to be contaminated with wishful thinking is a robust finding in all sports.

i'm a fan of contador and i voted for nibali. Nice logic right there

I voted Quintana. The man is a monster climber. Once the road starts to come up he will be like at home. He was second two years ago in his first ever TdF and he wasnt even the main leader of the team!!! And the team, Movistar, will be also a hard one. This year will be the one of El Condor.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
Not very surprising at all. Contador has a lot more fans here than the others, and fans allowing their assessments of what will happen to be contaminated with wishful thinking is a robust finding in all sports.
For me its the other way around. I don't like froome at all but I voted for him.

Every poll on here, is always followed by questions of why certain people aren't in the poll, lol.

I think Nibali will win, I think he will do well in the first week, and also take time on the descents, but if Froome is in contention come Stage 10, it could be different.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Miburo said:
SeriousSam said:

i'm a fan of contador and i voted for nibali. Nice logic right there
How ironic.

Maria Sharapova is taller than Messi, yet that men are taller than women is a robust finding in all sports.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
AC fan here so I went with him. However I don't even see Froome on the podium. I have it 1 AC, 2 Nairo, 3 Nibs.

If Vino was here I would choose him...FTW

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
1. Froome
2. Contador, hope he wins but his team sucks, Tinkoff sucks, and his recovery remains doubtful.
3. Nibali
wooden spoon. "The greatest climber since Marco Pantani"

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Have to believe in Contador. I think he will have the yellow after the TTT (if not sooner) and never give it up. I would have liked to see Pinot or Bardet hold the yellow for a day or so, but it's very doubtful, hopefully they each get a stage. Quintana to be second to Contador.

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
Bardet in the poll? Are you french? At least it's then excused with being biased otherwise it's just stupidity

Your comment is dumb as ***. Will u ever realize, the polls are restricted to ten possible options? Always this bla bla bla ***.

Of course Mollema, Valverde, Kelderman could be in but so could be Bardet, Peraid and Rodriguez.

Re:

SeriousSam said:

I agree fullyt with Gigs post and I kind of am a Contador fan, allthough I consider myself a cycling fan not dedicated to a specific cyclist. It's hard not to like Contador as a cycling fan though so I do hope he will in the Tour, but I give the others a bigger chance.

This doesn't mean I will vote for Contador. If I voted I would most likely vote for Froome.

This poll is about who will win the Tour, not about who would you like to win.

I know... fanboys and girls still tend to vote for who they prefer to win....

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Marco Pantani said:
Miburo said:
Bardet in the poll? Are you french? At least it's then excused with being biased otherwise it's just stupidity

Your comment is dumb as ****. Will u ever realize, the polls are restricted to ten possible options? Always this bla bla bla ****.

Of course Mollema, Valverde, Kelderman could be in but so could be Bardet, Peraid and Rodriguez.

And Vino.

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
1) Contador
2) Nibali
3) Froome

It's really going to come down to Tinkoff vs Astana. Never underestimate any of these Vino children. Froome will put in smashing attacks and get lots of time too. Big gaps after third.

TRENDING THREADS