• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the Tour?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win?

• Nibali

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Quintana

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • Contador

Votes: 47 27.6%
  • Froome

Votes: 46 27.1%
  • Pinot

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Peraud

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Bardet

• Rodriguez

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • van Garderen

• Betancur/other

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Contador.

If he doesn't win, then I hope Froome wins. For some reason I dont like Quintana and Nibali, but Froome has become quite likeable actually.

Re: Re:

Marco Pantani said:
Miburo said:
Bardet in the poll? Are you french? At least it's then excused with being biased otherwise it's just stupidity

Your comment is dumb as ****. Will u ever realize, the polls are restricted to ten possible options? Always this bla bla bla ****.

Of course Mollema, Valverde, Kelderman could be in but so could be Bardet, Peraid and Rodriguez.

And you think that a victory of Bardet or Rodriguez is more likely than Valverde? Okay :eek:

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
i voted for nairo. best because most constant climber - especially in week 3!
then nibali and froome. i dont like froomes interpretation of cycling.but i expect him to be very strong in first stage.he will go all in on arette or beille. his peak is week 2. but as we know from 2013 tdf and 2014 vuelta he fades in the third week. he might lose the tour in week 3.
nibali might gain time with tactikal shenanigans - i hope at least. i guess he peaks in the alps.
i adore contador. but lets face it: he isnt as strong as in 2011, 4 years older plus a giro with more competiion than in 2011 (scarponi??). plus his team is the weakest among the big 4.
last night i dreamed of froome and contador losing the tour because of quintana and pinot hitting it hard on glandon.

Nibali.
Froome
Contador

as much as i want to see contador do the double.

i think Valverde will get the Yellow jersey up the Mur, and start to assert himself as no1 on the team, thus ruining Quintana's chances.

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
1. Quintana
2. Froome
3. Nibali

Contador showed some weakness in the Giro (Sestriere stage) and with the Giro in his legs he will not be as well prepared as his main rivals.
I think the main battle will be between Quintana and Froome, with Quintana being a bit stronger in the third week.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

bala v said:
Arredondo said:
Miburo said:
Nibali

Why is piti not in the poll?

Why putting a guy in it who got beaten by Pinot en Peraud? ;)

Nibali for me.

And why then Purito, Bardet and Van Garderen are in the poll?!

Because Purito is a better GC rider for the Tour. Always have been.

And Bardet has got the potential. Van Garderen rode well in the Dauphiné.

But you can put Valverde in the poll too, whatever ;)

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Arredondo said:
bala v said:
Arredondo said:
Miburo said:
Nibali

Nibali for me.

Purito is not, never was, and never will be better GC rider than Valverde. Not for the Tour, nor any other race.
The only reason for not putting Valverde in the poll might be cause he will not be the team leader, in any other case Valverde tops that three by some margin

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Arredondo said:
bala v said:
Arredondo said:
Miburo said:
Nibali

Nibali for me.

Purito rode one time a better result than piti in the tour and he's the better GC rider :eek: . Keep hanging on that tour, it's all you got. And piti might have been on the podium if he didn't get unlucky beating your purito.

Hey guys let's hang on potential. You're dutch right? Yea now i understand why you bet your money on potential ;)

Seriously?? they are hanging out?? instead of secretly plotting how to kill each other :D

CI7G9O5UwAAp5xk.jpg

CI7Z0vdWEAEqRnu.png

Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Nibali actually looks the skinniest to me on those pictures. Quintana almost looks chubby in comparison.

Quintana has a peculiar,native american,face shape which makes him look puffy :p
-----
lowest body fat?? that's a hard task.
Froome always looks the skinniest to me like he could be destroyed by a gust of wind! :D

TRENDING THREADS