• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win Tour of California 2012?

Who will win ToC 2012?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Which GC rider will take it this year?

2012ATOCDetailedMapv5.gif

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
going chauvinist, Gesink to finally get rid of his broken-leg demons and post a shock win :p

I was about to correct your English, but it turns out you have the technically correct definition. When my Dutch friends worried about their English not being good enough, I always told them (truthfully) that it was better than a lot of English people, so not to worry. Never realised until now that I was one of them.

What I was going to say was that chauvinist means sexist, but it turns out it's actually patriotic, and that chauvinist in the colloquial sense is "male chauvinist" with a silent "male". You learn something new every day.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I'd like this to be true but I fear gesink's whole season will be ruined to this injury. Hopefully gesink proves me wrong!

He has slowly but surely been building up form and I think his perfomances in Murcia etc were all pretty good considering his injury, and he returned much earlier than anyone would ever expect.

I think what that means is that he is fine and is just building his form. He has had an injury, but to me it seems the only thing it has hampered is his preparations, which explains his reasonably poor early season form. Now that he has had time to prepare I expect him to be up to his top fitness and I think that after a more laid back first half of the season, he can post good results in the ATOC, Dauphine(/Suisse) Tour and even the Vuelta as he stated at the begining of the season, and then of course he may even be a force in the worlds which being in Holland will be a massive target for him, and even Lombardia +Montreal (and any other Protour races which are added by the UCI after Lombardia;)):).

I think that if he had been in top form for the Ardennes etc then he wouldnt have been able to meet all his other objectives, so it is kind of a blessing in disguise.

I think by the fact he rode a top 5 TT (maybe it was 6) on his second race back it was evident he wasnt effected that much physically by the crash yet rather it just effected his preparation.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Moviefan1203 said:
I think he will show very well on Baldy. I think Horner will be better than everyone on that day, but Van Garderen and Nibali will be leading the chase.

Since when has TJVG shown he can climb with the best on MTFs?