• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win Tour of California 2012?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win ToC 2012?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Kokoso said:
Sagan disappointing so far... I had a hopes for him after the ITT to be still in yellow :(

He said few times he wasn't going to defend the jersey and I didn't see a point really. He'd loose it later on anyway, and now will focus on today's stage which he should win, as well as Liquigas will not have to do all the work in stage with Garmin in yellow.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
van garderen is overrated and won't even finish on the podium. gesink we will see. his great itt doesn't surprise me. we will see how he goes in the climbs

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
in all fairness in Murcia guys like Tiernan-Locke, Hoogerland and Huzarski even beat Gesink on the climbs. That was 2 months ago.
We still don't know how Gesink will climb

I know Gesink got 6th in that TT, but he is certainly looking better now and logically Gesink is a climber and he is looking good so he should go good as then he was behind in his preparation due to his injury so he was behind other pros. Now he has built up his form. So not necessarily he will be good but I will be highly surprised if he isnt.
(same as i said i would be really surprised if he didnt get top10 in the TT;))

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What?
I thaught he'll take it seriously and not sloppily, as he did. But whatever, even if he didn't, he wouldn't be there. More i believed that he would improve in ITT - not happen. But surely it was more my wish than real thing :)

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
He said few times he wasn't going to defend the jersey and I didn't see a point really. He'd loose it later on anyway, and now will focus on today's stage which he should win, as well as Liquigas will not have to do all the work in stage with Garmin in yellow.
Nope, at first time he said he'll try to give it all and hold the jersey, because Nibali isn't feeling good.

Kokoso said:
I thaught he'll take it seriously and not sloppily, as he did. But whatever, even if he didn't, he wouldn't be there. More i believed that he would improve in ITT - not happen. But surely it was more my wish than real thing :)

no but seriously how can he disappoint when he won 4 stages... even if he finished last in GC that would still be good tour for him

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
will10 said:
I will take an avatar bet from anyone on this forum that Tejay won't finish top 5 GC.

I would do likewise just that TJVG wont finish on the podium yet Gesink will. Even if TJVG does finish along with Gesink on the podium.

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
it's Gesink's to lose at this point, and don't really see anybody that should beat him, Nibbles lost too much time and I doubt if he is as serious about winning it as Robert is. TJVG and Talansky want the win, but Gesink should be able to drop them on the switchbacks up Mt. Baldy.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Kokoso said:

why would sagan want to improve his itt?

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
no but seriously how can he disappoint when he won 4 stages... even if he finished last in GC that would still be good tour for him
Disappointing is result in ITT, given that he said prior that he'll give it all and try to keep the jersey even there is small chance, but he didn't rule it out...

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Well considering some are calling him the biggest talent this is quite disappointing. :p

I mean Oscar Freire was World champion in his second pro year, Pippo won T-A as a neo pro and Cunego won Giro and Lombardia when he was 22. :D

(not a 100% serious post)

TRENDING THREADS