• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win Tour of California 2012?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win ToC 2012?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
Teejay...i dont think there is any chance that levi will win. By the way i saw the presser..and i feel bad for vincenzo during it.

Yea, the USA media is pathetic, they have no idea who they're talking to. Too bad the Italian press wasn't here and allowed their time during the press conf.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
ElChingon said:
Yea, the USA media is pathetic, they have no idea who they're talking to. Too bad the Italian press wasn't here and allowed their time during the press conf.

They race organization didn't even invite Horner to the press conference last year. lol

Horner is the great American outsider. The national program has always ignored him. He's done all on his own.

I am hoping for TA Part 2 with Nibali for the GC.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I voted for bottle just as a joke, knowing he hasn't raced in so long, thinking it would be absolutely ****ing hilarious if he did win. Not it looks for than plausible. I even see two more people voted for him now :D

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Sagan will take it.
TT - who cares? He already got 40+ seconds on main contenders. If you look at his breakaway efforts this spring - I would say he can survive a TT. Both these things will let him stay in contention.
He can climb really well too. All he needs to do is to ride his pace, follow wheels and limit losses.
Look at Voeckler last year - Sagan is a very similar type of rider.
Even if he looses couple of seconds on the climbs - he will take them back in the final criterium :)

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Benedict XVI said:
Sagan will take it.
TT - who cares? He already got 40+ seconds on main contenders. If you look at his breakaway efforts this spring - I would say he can survive a TT. Both these things will let him stay in contention.
He can climb really well too. All he needs to do is to ride his pace, follow wheels and limit losses.
Even if he looses couple of seconds on the climbs - he will take them back in the final criterium :)
Absolutely agree, there might be chance for him to win it overall. Others just ignore the fact he's improving.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Benedict XVI said:
Sagan will take it.

better not talk about that

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Kokoso said:
Why, what's the matter?

for some tis always: 'got to be in the clinic to win it' :rolleyes:

Would love to see the Liquigas domination continue with Nibali taking the honours but I think this race means more to Horner & friends who've had a more peaceful ride thus far.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
well TT is over, Sagan and Horner as expected lost massive time, I think right now Velits and Gesink look best for the overall.

Benedict XVI said:
Sagan will take it.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
After today, it´s easy... Gesink.

Not too sure.
Maltiv and I allready said it before the TT. Gesink will do really well in the TT, but we expect him to fail on the MTF.

I certainly hope not. I actually voted for him to win it all, but that was more wishful thinking then common sense.

Allthough a Gesink in good form certainly is capable of winning it, but I have my doubts about his climbing this year.