• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who Would You Rather be Now That it's Hit the Fan?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who Would You Rather Be Now?

• LeMond, 3 unimpeachable Tours, totally untainted legacy, but very modest wealth by comparison to LA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
yetanothergreenworld said:
Lemond is a tough figure to evaluate because, in spite of his remarkable gifts, he didn't really win much, -snip-
Above all Lemond was a very conservative racer. He won races by following wheels and letting other guys panic before putting in one or two good moves at exactly the right moments.
-snip-
I think it's fair to say that he was more versatile than either Indurain or Anquetil, who were TT machines who rode unimpeachable defense in the mountains.
-snip-
Again, Greg did what he had to do without putting on a show.
-snip-
I still prefer him to LA, though.
I think most points of reference, perhaps even the commenters themselves, would be absent from this fun forum were it not for the past 10-15 years of broadcast Grand Tours stateside.

Seeing Lemond on the west coast in the late 70's he totally tore up the Cat1-2 races, everything he entered, as a junior, with gear-limit! Lapping ational and worlds and olympic team adults 2-3 times in 40-60 mile criteriums! The tow-headed kid that I saw come up was far from "conservative."

bfd you say? Until only recently Lemond was the best raw natural talent I have ever seen from the states. I KNOW that if someone came up that way today you mouth-foamers (yeah, you too Papp) would be screaming "doper" So don't go pushing the golden boy ****. You're just as subjectively for one as you are "objectively" against another. If you guys would just shut up already the pandering review boards might quit their pandering and actually do something useful for the sport, any real fan would want something useful for their sport, yes?

Now a note for Mr. Papp (and yeah, quite a few of the rest of youse guys), I suggest you go get a law degree and support the DNC financially and then get your *** appointed as a judge somewhere and then MAYbe you'll have a chance at the kind of determination from a court that you wish for. Please, do that. It'll keep you busy and maybe you won't have time to poke at people (public figures, or readers) on the internet and pick at scabs that never heal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts