• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who'll get caught at this year's Tour?

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Purely for fun, let's indulge in a bit of speculation. Speculation is the mother of invention, so let's get to it: which three riders do you think are most likely to get caught for doping at this year's Tour de France.

I'll start the needle plunging, sorry ball rolling:

1) Vincenzo Nibali
2) Peter Sagan
3) Alejandro Valverde

UlleGigo said:
Necessity. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Wiggins.

Based on the hype and sensational post-Tenerife performances, I'd say the TdF is his to lose if the UCI/ASO has it their way.

But, IF the press gets advance information AND the UCI blows the cover-up like they did with Contador, then it's another scandal after the "Cleanest Tour Peloton Ever" version 2012.

Like the others said, if it's anyone, it's some guy that the UCI has calculated they can send back to regional racing never to ride in the ProTour again.

Panda Claws said:
Nobody, or someone from Astana.

Funny you should mention Astana seeing how their presumed dope dealer from years past and 2012 got named and shamed in the USADA letter.

I think an Astana positive would work for Pat too. He's got the Russian Makarov(sp??) gunning for his job and all. Nothing like spooking UCI delegates by dragging Astana down with a PED scandal.

ROFL...Sagan...yeah, right. Dollars to Donuts, no way on that kid.

I will come on the forum and proclaim what a loser and how gullible a supporter of Sagan I was and take all public humiliation humbly if that happens.

Wiggins....hmmm...probably a bunch of low level guys trying to make a name and land contracts and rides for the next season.

Oh wait, or they even testing this year? haha

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
The Valley said:
Do people honestly think Bradley Wiggins is a doping cheat? Amazes me how bad some people's ability to judge character is.

You start a thread about people who might get caught and name Sagan, who as far as I know has not even been linked to anything regarding doping. Yet you become mad when Wiggins is mentioned? :rolleyes:

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The Valley said:
Do people honestly think Bradley Wiggins is a doping cheat? Amazes me how bad some people's ability to judge character is.

You know Wiggins personally? I presume you're not gonna judge his character by a couple of interviews are you? Even if you were his bff, I doubt you could make an accurate judgement about his character to say with any plausability if he doped or not. The nicest guys in the peloton have used doping in the past...

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Lanark said:
You know Wiggins personally? I presume you're not gonna judge his character by a couple of interviews are you? Even if you were his bff, I doubt you could make an accurate judgement about his character to say with any plausability if he doped or not. The nicest guys in the peloton have used doping in the past...

This maybe deserves a separate thread/poll - the nicest (humble, honest, trustworthy looking, etc.) guy ever caught juiced.

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Lanark said:

you are being sarcastic... right?

TRENDING THREADS