• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who's the suprise package?

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Well... not that I actually know who the riders are... but I'll go with some schmuck on Footon suprising. They're all new to the tour anyway... maybe one will actually be good.

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I think Mick Rogers may podium.
As far as I remember he was well situated in the GC and on a break in the Alps with Rasmussen but crashed on a descent. Rasmussen went on to get yellow that day...
His ToC form was good too.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Joaquím Rodríguez. He'll be 3rd or 4th, then drop three places in the final ITT.

Isn't he supposed to ride the Vuelta later? I think he won't go for the GC at the Tour, but rather target stages and KOM.

Fedrigo to top 10:eek:

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have the cohones to tip them in my top 10, but any one of these four, in order of most likely to least likely to surprise:

Fugslang
Dan Martin (is he racing?)
Tony Martin
Dave Zabriskie

SpartacusRox said:
Tony Martin
Where Rodriguez can profit from a climb like Mende, Martin will get slaughtered on those inclines over 10 %. He'll probably have to make up a lot of time in the closing TT, which of course is tailor made for him.

And to the guy who picked the other Martin, Dan: he isn't racing. But even if he were, he's incredibly inconsistent.