• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who's worse, Adam Lanza or Andreas Lubitz?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re:

Glenn_Wilson said:
Alpe d'Huez said:
WARNING!

Since my last post was ignored, here it goes again, as I'm about to close this thread unless someone can give me a good reason not to.

Is this still a thread where we're discussing airline safety and mental illness anymore, or has it just delved into another political thread with the topic about gun control? Because if we do not focus on the former, this belongs in the US or World Politics threads.
I had not caught up on this thread and this post ---otherwise I would not have replied to FrenchFry. Sorry Alpe.

Dammmm the PLANE! If this kid would not have access to a plane then all would be good now. Maybe he would had his kitchen knife but from the looks of him he would not have done much harm to 149 people with a kitchen knife.
Well he could'a done a bunch of damage with an AK as well. Much less if he only had a breech loader. That might be the take away lesson here.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Hugh Januss said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
Alpe d'Huez said:
WARNING!

Since my last post was ignored, here it goes again, as I'm about to close this thread unless someone can give me a good reason not to.

Is this still a thread where we're discussing airline safety and mental illness anymore, or has it just delved into another political thread with the topic about gun control? Because if we do not focus on the former, this belongs in the US or World Politics threads.
I had not caught up on this thread and this post ---otherwise I would not have replied to FrenchFry. Sorry Alpe.

Dammmm the PLANE! If this kid would not have access to a plane then all would be good now. Maybe he would had his kitchen knife but from the looks of him he would not have done much harm to 149 people with a kitchen knife.
Well he could'a done a bunch of damage with an AK as well. Much less if he only had a breech loader. That might be the take away lesson here.
I think you are right on the post.

I don't even suppose to know the gun laws in Germany. I bet much better than where I sit.

Hugh Januss said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
Alpe d'Huez said:
WARNING!

I think the 'take away lesson' is that insane people shouldn't have access to things that can kill others. Like guns and the right or left seat of a commercial aircraft.

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site

Bustedknuckle said:
Hugh Januss said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
Alpe d'Huez said:
WARNING!

I think the 'take away lesson' is that insane people shouldn't have access to things that can kill others. Like guns and the right or left seat of a commercial aircraft.
Difference being that it's usually mentally ill people who fly planes into mountains but most gun-related homicides are committed on a daily basis by perfectly sane people.

VeloCity said:
Bustedknuckle said:
Hugh Januss said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
Alpe d'Huez said:
WARNING!

Difference being that it's usually mentally ill people who fly planes into mountains but most gun-related homicides are committed on a daily basis by perfectly sane people.

Do you have anything to back this up? From what I've read most of the mass shootings that have occurred happened by fellows on psychotropic drugs (meaning whoever prescribed the meds thought they were mentally ill). Anyone who is willing to kill another human being is insane to some degree.

Jspear said:
VeloCity said:
Bustedknuckle said:
Hugh Januss said:
Glenn_Wilson said:

Do you have anything to back this up? From what I've read most of the mass shootings that have occurred happened by fellows on psychotropic drugs (meaning whoever prescribed the meds thought they were mentally ill). Anyone who is willing to kill another human being is insane to some degree.

Even if I hunt them for food?

Status
Not open for further replies.