• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who's your favourite team and why?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Leopard-Trek because Jens is my favorite rider. I also love the Schlecks as climbers... they're very graceful and fun to watch. The O'Grady has always been a favorite of mine... And I'm liking the younger guys: Montfort, Fugslang, etc.

Then Liquigas because I've just always loved Basso and I like the promise Sagen seems to have. And I have a soft spot for Roche and AG2R.

I dislike Radioshack, BMC, HTC, and Garmin-Cervelo (mostly because I can't stand a lot of the riders' personalities and I hate Vaughters. I like them more back when they were Garmin-Transition or even before when I guess they were just G-Sliptream). Cadel annoys me. Cav I despise. I've never liked Leipheimer because he strikes me as a ***. I don't like Farrar or Haussler as sprinters or even any of the Garmin climbers like Wiggins.

The rest of the teams like the Belgians (Quickstep and Omega), Sky, Rabo, Vacansolei, etc. etc. etc. have random riders I appreciate.

No particular favourite team, but if I was to name some, it would be these:

Euskaltel Euskadi: The carrots have entertained me almost since I started following cycling. Laiseka, Mayo, Zubeldia, Astarloza, Sanchez, Txurruka, Anton - all great riders to watch. I also like the fact that apart from the Pyrenean stages, they've never really given a damn about the Tour until the last couple of years. I'm also a big fan of Anton, let's hope he finally gets a Vuelta result this year.

Colnago CSF Inox: I've liked them since the Panaria days. Lots of good riding in the Giro with Baliani, Laverde, Perez Cuapio and especially Sella & Pozzovivo (2008 was legendary). Looking forward to see the last two in the Giro in a month's time (Oh God, it's only one month left!). Colnago also have some nice jerseys (they've always had), and some exciting up-and-coming riders (Modolo, Stortoni). (I like brackets)

Androni: Another gutsy Giro team. Lots of entertaining riders here as well. I especially like Rujano, good to see him back. He, Serpa and Sella will create some serious trouble in the Giro! They are missing Scarponi, but will be interesting to see him with a new team this year. I also have a strange affinity towards the sponsor-covered jerseys of Androni.

Liquigas: Their lime-green approach is like a breath of fresh air through an increasingly visually boring peloton (bring back 2007's colour palette). Basso is one of the classiest riders there is, and I have big hopes for the powerhouse that is Daniel Oss. Sagan is a bit annoying (but impressive), but Leeky Gas have enough likable riders to make them one of my favourites.

Europcar is impossible to dislike, the same with FdJ. Liked AG2R a bit before they changed into those horrible jerseys. I've had a small crush on Cofidis because of Chavanel & Moncoutie. I followed Credit Agricole a bit when my compatriot Hushovd was there. Also liked Moreau. My big love from the early 2000s, Kelme, are also sorely missed. Klöden is probably my favourite rider, so T-Mobile have to be mentioned as well. And why not add Caisse/Movistar. And maybe Katusha, since Purito has moved there. Anyone I haven't mentioned? ;)

Squire said:
No particular favourite team, but if I was to name some, it would be these:

Euskaltel Euskadi: The carrots have entertained me almost since I started following cycling. Laiseka, Mayo, Zubeldia, Astarloza, Sanchez, Txurruka, Anton - all great riders to watch. I also like the fact that apart from the Pyrenean stages, they've never really given a damn about the Tour until the last couple of years. I'm also a big fan of Anton, let's hope he finally gets a Vuelta result this year.

Colnago CSF Inox: I've liked them since the Panaria days. Lots of good riding in the Giro with Baliani, Laverde, Perez Cuapio and especially Sella & Pozzovivo (2008 was legendary). Looking forward to see the last two in the Giro in a month's time (Oh God, it's only one month left!). Colnago also have some nice jerseys (they've always had), and some exciting up-and-coming riders (Modolo, Stortoni). (I like brackets)

Androni: Another gutsy Giro team. Lots of entertaining riders here as well. I especially like Rujano, good to see him back. He, Serpa and Sella will create some serious trouble in the Giro! They are missing Scarponi, but will be interesting to see him with a new team this year. I also have a strange affinity towards the sponsor-covered jerseys of Androni.

Liquigas: Their lime-green approach is like a breath of fresh air through an increasingly visually boring peloton (bring back 2007's colour palette). Basso is one of the classiest riders there is, and I have big hopes for the powerhouse that is Daniel Oss. Sagan is a bit annoying (but impressive), but Leeky Gas have enough likable riders to make them one of my favourites.

Europcar is impossible to dislike, the same with FdJ. Liked AG2R a bit before they changed into those horrible jerseys. I've had a small crush on Cofidis because of Chavanel & Moncoutie. I followed Credit Agricole a bit when my compatriot Hushovd was there. Also liked Moreau. My big love from the early 2000s, Kelme, are also sorely missed. Klöden is probably my favourite rider, so T-Mobile have to be mentioned as well. And why not add Caisse/Movistar. And maybe Katusha, since Purito has moved there. Anyone I haven't mentioned? ;)

:) I also think Basso is one of the classiest riders...I don't hear that from too many anymore so great to see your comment.

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I am now starting to steer away from Garmin after their constant dissapointments in the classics. I'll probably still cheer them on, but I'll probably seek a new team to fill my number one spot.

mombus said:
Leopard-Trek because Jens is my favorite rider. I also love the Schlecks as climbers... they're very graceful and fun to watch. The O'Grady has always been a favorite of mine... And I'm liking the younger guys: (Montfort), Fugslang, etc.

I like those guys as well (not so much Montfort, never really heard about him.) But that doesn't mean I like the team.
I don't dislike it either, it's just another team.

Then again, both with teams and riders I am either Like, Don't really care or Never heard about them, but I'll give them some time

I don't have a favourite nowadays. For me it will always be the 1991 edition of Panasonic-Sportlife.

They had Van Lancker, Planckaert, Ludwig, Ekimov, Bouwmans and a whole chunk of 80s has-been amphetamine junkies. And of course my great Fondriest mancrush. :)

On paper one the best Classics squads that year, along with Ariostea and Buckler, yet they didn't win very much in the end.

Teams I don't like nowadays are HTC, RadioShack, Androni, Liquigas and Katusha.