• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why isn't anyone talking about Levi?

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, sucks for Lance to get dropped. Tough to see a champ go down so hard. Lets not forget though that Indurain, Lemond and Hinault all ended their TdF careers with losses. BUT, I'm surprised that there's not one story about Levi! He's only 2 minutes behind 'Bert and arguably a better TT'r. If he can hang and even put some time on the mountains, is he not still a candidate for the GC? Shouldn't The Shack be putting all its efforts to prop up Levi for the win? Seems to me RS needs to get over Lance's performance quickly and rally around Levi.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
excelerator said:
Yeah, sucks for Lance to get dropped. Tough to see a champ go down so hard. Lets not forget though that Indurain, Lemond and Hinault all ended their TdF careers with losses. BUT, I'm surprised that there's not one story about Levi! He's only 2 minutes behind 'Bert and arguably a better TT'r. If he can hang and even put some time on the mountains, is he not still a candidate for the GC? Shouldn't The Shack be putting all its efforts to prop up Levi for the win? Seems to me RS needs to get over Lance's performance quickly and rally around Levi.

HAHAHAHAHA

It is the Lance Armstrong Show. Haven't you watched Versus and all the Lance commercials. Lance, Lance, Lance

"arguably a better TT'r" What a joke. AC won the last TdF Time Trial. LL wasn't there but Lance was 16th.

excelerator said:

Of course Indurain, Lemond and Hinault didn't try to return to the sport after taking a 4 year hiatus, denigrate the accomplishments of all the contenders in the 2008 Tour, steal the team away from the current top stage racer in the sport, slanderize his name in the media, attempt to undermine his teammates efforts in winning the Tour, etc., etc., etc...

To whom is LL going to "put time on the mountains" between Contador and A. Schleck?

Lady Luck

BANNED
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Levi put time into Contador in the mountains?! Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

The number of times Levi has attacked in a non-TT stage in a Grand Tour can probably be counted on no hands.

But Contador has admitted he is having trouble getting O2 into his blood...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-satisfied-with-first-mountain-stage

All bets are off. Perhaps.

Would be funny if Levi won the tour instead of the favourites and saved the day for radioshack.

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
excelerator said:
BUT, I'm surprised that there's not one story about Levi! He's only 2 minutes behind 'Bert and arguably a better TT'r. If he can hang and even put some time on the mountains, is he not still a candidate for the GC? Shouldn't The Shack be putting all its efforts to prop up Levi for the win? Seems to me RS needs to get over Lance's performance quickly and rally around Levi.
Because Levi is always 2 minutes behind after the first mountains and slowly that becomes 4-5 minutes plus by the time we get through the Alps and Pyrenees, and that's only provided he doesn't blow up like he often does. Not a chance that he gains time on Contador, Schleck, and pretty much anyone else in front of him in the mountains. And he is not a better TT'er than Contador.

But yes, RS should be putting all of their resources behind Levi for the simple reason that by default, he's now the only shot they've got at a podium. But he's not going to win the Tour, ever. And besides, one could legitimately ask, "what resources?" Armstrong, Brajkovic, Popo, Kloden? Those RS resources aren't looking too strong in the mountains, other than perhaps Horner.

The only possible way I could see Levi winning is if all of the favorites crash, crack, or he somehow manages to get into a Periero/Landis type of breakaway, and that's not going to happen.

A

Anonymous

Why would you talk about a guy with the personality of a piece of paper?

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Lady Luck said:
Would be funny if Levi won the tour instead of the favourites and saved the day for radioshack.

Levi has proved me that I was totally wrong... I was one of those who said that Levi was going to crack on the first mountains cuz He hasn't had a good year... He has been struggling the whole season... My pick was Kloeden to be the best climber in The Shack but Kloeden was the one who popped big time... so Levi is the only card to play...

mmmm with him winning nahhh... He is going to be popped big time in the Pyrenees... but His best choice is to aim for the Top 5 but I think that there are other rider that are in a way better form than him... but I seriously think that he can achieve a top 10... lets see how The Shack is going to play and if they have the legs cuz today they didn't have...

A

Anonymous

If I ever needed a comedy partner to set up my jokes, I'd hire you because your thread title is perfect for many, many jokes.

levi has podiumed in a gt 4 times.
In 2 of those he finished behind a team leader- contador.
in 1 of those he was behind a team leader going into the final time triall - heras.

When he was given team leadership -giro 2009, he didnt perform as well and came 5th.

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Angliru said:
Are you serious?:confused: Leipheimer's record in the grand tours, along with Kloden's means that he is at best 3rd in the pecking order and unless Armstrong bails completely he drops to 4th.

horner isn't a GC rider, radioshack really need to get behind levi, armstrong is a busted flush now, kloden always seems to struggle right at the top of the mountains, brako is obviously not in form.

but leipheimer is a notorious wheelsucker and wheelsuckers don't win tours.

TRENDING THREADS