• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why it DOES matter that Lance goes down.

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
jimbob_in_co said:
Okay, if some ****off, contrarian, snot-nosed, fan boi statement like that is coming from one of the biggest "Lance Lovers" on this forum, then I realize I have no reason to post on this website any long.

Congrats Polish, you've convinced this 'uninspiring (3x) cancer survivor' to abandon this account.

BTW Polish, go **** yourself.

'So long and thanks for all the fish.'

- jb_in_co

....then the terrorists will win. Polish isn't really a fan anyway; think of him like a blender set on slow.

Why do I want to see Lance get done.

First, I wish people would stop comparing Lance to other cyclists like Ullrich, Contador etc. Lance was never just another pro cyclist doping. On his first Tour victory, Lance automatically became the most well known cyclist of all time after his very first victory in 99, WHY? because he won the Tour? NO, because he had cancer, survived and came back to win the Tour. He automatically represented something else above any regular cyclist in history and he and his cohorts knew that.

What was one of his first statements when asked about doping in 99, something along the lines of `I survived cancer, I know how tough it is, there is no way I would risk my health by taking drugs´

For that statement alone, he deserves to go down, that is the most vile, cynical piece of lying anyone can do. He wasnt just BSing to the average cycling fan like us, he was lying barefaced to the cancer community. He could have walked away from cycling after cancer but came back and cynically chose to cheat using the cancer community as a shield. That is the sincle biggest reason for seeing him go down.

Then add that ridiculous BS on the podium in the 05 Tour, the arrogance of the ´I cheated, got away with it so screw you all´speech, again for that alone he deserves to get done.

The other reasons are numerous-
For bullying Bassons;
For working with and defending Ferrari;
For his abuse of Simeoni;
For making the sport about one race only;
For producing myths such as training harder, only guy to do reconissance(you know what i love about this, Kimmage in Rough Ride talked about doing recons in the Alps in 86, oh the irony), most tested etc, etc;
All the PR BS, twitter etc;
For all the sock-puppets who defend him just to make a payday, Watson, Ligget, Sherwan, UCI, magazines, websites;
For upholding ometra;
For comeback 2 though that has worked out better for us than him;

Quite simply, Armstrong is that guy you know that has cheated his way to more money and success than anyone else all the while screwing over a worthwhile charity for his own benefit and you have to sit there and take this, knowing the guy is getting an easy touch from those in charge.

If you dont want a guy like that to go down more than someone like Ullrich or Contador then there is something wrong with your morals. In terms of things to dislike, there is no cyclist who comes near Armstrong. Its more tham just about cycling, its about society in general.

All I have to do is think back to the 2009 Tour of Ireland and all those stupid ****ing ´Hope rides again´ posters and I automatically want to see him go down, right now.

My discalimer, my Dad had cancer and survived yet still has side effects so dont dare give me any of this, he has done so much for cancer crap. It never was about about cancer despite the PR, it was about an ego which knew no boundaries to which Cancer became a useful tool.

He deserves to go down more than any other athlete in sporting history.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
pmcg76

What a nice post.

What you describe here is one of the most pathological psychopaths. Just imagine, this guy could be a "great" dictator. So, for the people of Texas (as another reason) he must go down.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
pmcg76

What a nice post.

It was a nice post wasn't it.
All I would add is a cute picture of PED Kittys:

epo.jpg

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
jimbob_in_co said:
Okay, if some ****off, contrarian, snot-nosed, fan boi statement like that is coming from one of the biggest "Lance Lovers" on this forum, then I realize I have no reason to post on this website any long.

Congrats Polish, you've convinced this 'uninspiring (3x) cancer survivor' to abandon this account.

BTW Polish, go **** yourself.

'So long and thanks for all the fish.'

- jb_in_co

Last edited by Barrus; Today at 05:52.

Holy **** Barrus, what part did you edit out LOL??

ps: jimbob, sorry for the inconvenience

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Why do I want to see Lance get done.

First, I wish people would stop comparing Lance to other cyclists like Ullrich, Contador etc. Lance was never just another pro cyclist doping. On his first Tour victory, Lance automatically became the most well known cyclist of all time after his very first victory in 99, WHY? because he won the Tour? NO, because he had cancer, survived and came back to win the Tour. He automatically represented something else above any regular cyclist in history and he and his cohorts knew that.

What was one of his first statements when asked about doping in 99, something along the lines of `I survived cancer, I know how tough it is, there is no way I would risk my health by taking drugs´

For that statement alone, he deserves to go down, that is the most vile, cynical piece of lying anyone can do. He wasnt just BSing to the average cycling fan like us, he was lying barefaced to the cancer community. He could have walked away from cycling after cancer but came back and cynically chose to cheat using the cancer community as a shield. That is the sincle biggest reason for seeing him go down.

Then add that ridiculous BS on the podium in the 05 Tour, the arrogance of the ´I cheated, got away with it so screw you all´speech, again for that alone he deserves to get done.

The other reasons are numerous-
For bullying Bassons;
For working with and defending Ferrari;
For his abuse of Simeoni;
For making the sport about one race only;
For producing myths such as training harder, only guy to do reconissance(you know what i love about this, Kimmage in Rough Ride talked about doing recons in the Alps in 86, oh the irony), most tested etc, etc;
All the PR BS, twitter etc;
For all the sock-puppets who defend him just to make a payday, Watson, Ligget, Sherwan, UCI, magazines, websites;
For upholding ometra;
For comeback 2 though that has worked out better for us than him;

Quite simply, Armstrong is that guy you know that has cheated his way to more money and success than anyone else all the while screwing over a worthwhile charity for his own benefit and you have to sit there and take this, knowing the guy is getting an easy touch from those in charge.

If you dont want a guy like that to go down more than someone like Ullrich or Contador then there is something wrong with your morals. In terms of things to dislike, there is no cyclist who comes near Armstrong. Its more tham just about cycling, its about society in general.

All I have to do is think back to the 2009 Tour of Ireland and all those stupid ****ing ´Hope rides again´ posters and I automatically want to see him go down, right now.

My discalimer, my Dad had cancer and survived yet still has side effects so dont dare give me any of this, he has done so much for cancer crap. It never was about about cancer despite the PR, it was about an ego which knew no boundaries to which Cancer became a useful tool.

He deserves to go down more than any other athlete in sporting history.

I do not think there is really anything else to add; you pretty much hit the cover off of the ball . . . GREAT post!

May 21, 2010
Visit site
MarkvW said:
It matters because so many people on this forum crave a dramatic resolution to the Lance saga. So many people have to see Lance go down because they need to see fulfillment of the cliche. They need to see this cheap tragedy played out.

It isn't about justice. It is about a spectator sport. These people want Lance to "go down" because of their own need for a dramatic resolution.

The drama is as old as the first Greek theater.

But hey! It's fun to watch all the people screaming "Crucify Him! Crucify Him!

Isn't it now . . .?

Yes! Yes! Somebody FINALLY gets it!! This thing is bigger than Armstrong!!

It's all about WINNING!!

...And gloating ... lot's of gloating! Oh, how we will gloat!! Bwahahahaha...cough...