• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why riders are like Lindsey Lohan

Cerberus said:
Michael Rasmussen actually said fairly explicitly that he felt he was thrown our of the Tour unfairly because he had doped within the rules. Not his exact words but he came pretty close.

Loads of them say that if you read between the lines.

Ullrich's "I never cheated anyone" is a classic.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Animal said:
Loads of them say that if you read between the lines.

Ullrich's "I never cheated anyone" is a classic.

Yep, but Michael said it right on the lines. He actually came straight out and said, speaking of doping up to the 50% HTC limit that "the rules allowed you to". That's as direct a quote as my memory and my translation for Danish permits.

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
God I have to hear about Linsday Lohan's moronic existence every time I turn on the television and now I have to hear about her here too? :(

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
You didn't feel like you were doing anything wrong, though you made sure you only contacted Fuentes using a prepaid anonymous phone.

There's a difference between taking sensible precautions because you know what you're doing is against the rules or illegal and feeling what you're doing is wrong.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
THISISIT said:
There's a difference between taking sensible precautions because you know what you're doing is against the rules or illegal and feeling what you're doing is wrong.

no there's not. If 'allegedly' everyone breaks the rules, its ok for you to break them. The sheep has a case your honour.

In this case, Pevenage said USPS were obviously breaking the rules, not the other teams which he has yet to mention 15+ pro teams and how many were breaking the rules at the time Pevenage is talking about????

Troll.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
no there's not.

Yes there is. Think about it. People break the law all the time and don't consider what they are doing morally or ethically wrong (e.g. speeding, jaywalking, marijuana use, etc.)

It is pretty clear almost no one involved in cycling at the time Pevenage is speaking about considered doping to be wrong.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
THISISIT said:
Yes there is. Think about it. People break the law all the time and don't consider what they are doing morally or ethically wrong (e.g. speeding, jaywalking, marijuana use, etc.)

It is pretty clear almost no one involved in cycling at the time Pevenage is speaking about considered doping to be wrong.

The techniques immemorial, ie. pipe up the a$s, detergent on fingers,aren't evidence of a guilty mind?

What were the riders thinking when they did doping controls?

A charade?

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
buckwheat said:
The techniques immemorial, ie. pipe up the a$s, detergent on fingers,aren't evidence of a guilty mind?

No, they're evidence the person isn't brain dead. Just because you don't think something is wrong doesn't mean you're so stupid that you are willing to suffer the negative consequences of getting caught doing it by those who make the rules.

I don't think I've ever met a pot smoker who thinks doing it is wrong, anymore than having drink is wrong, that doesn't mean they don't take sensible precautions to avoid getting caught doing it because of the negative consequences.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
THISISIT said:

i think you are mixing up that what people think they can get away with because an attitude of oh its not so bad and others do it aswell....but they absolutely know its wrong, they simply accept it with that knowledge...

if they did not consider doping to be so wrong why go to such lengths to hide it...i very rarely see people walking down the street smoking marijuana if there is an officer of the law around....if there is a police car sitting at a red light why not break it or overtake it when it is doing the speed limit? Why? because you know it is wrong.

why do they do it is a different question? Because they think that like the others who have not been caught they will not be caught. :rolleyes:

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
THISISIT said:

+1 the notion that that hiding your "crime" is evidence of "knowing it's wrong is one of the sillier notions out there.

On a related note I cycled across a zebra crossing which has no pedestrians in it. This was right in front of a police officer who I hadn't noticed. He stopped me and warned me not to do something like that again. Not the cycling across an empty zebra crossing mind you, but rather the "right in front of a police officer" part. Even cops can tell the difference between taking reasonable precautions to avoid getting caught and something actually being wrong.

P.S. Public service announcement: Speeding kills.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
if they did not consider doping to be so wrong why go to such lengths to hide it...i very rarely see people walking down the street smoking marijuana if there is an officer of the law around....if there is a police car sitting at a red light why not break it or overtake it when it is doing the speed limit? Why? because you know it is wrong.
Nope . . .

Why? Because you know you'll get caught.

Benotti69 said:

why do they do it is a different question? Because they think that like the others who have not been caught they will not be caught. :rolleyes:
You're conflating knowing others think it's wrong (and so you'll be in trouble if you get caught) with knowing it's wrong.

Like someone else just said, pot smokers don't think it's wrong, just illegal. Illegal is not the same as wrong. They don't smoke it in the streets because they know it is illegal and because others think it's wrong, not because they agree that it's wrong and do it anyway.

Most people don't do anything that they know is wrong. That is, in their minds it's justified.

sars1981 said:
God I have to hear about Linsday Lohan's moronic existence every time I turn on the television and now I have to hear about her here too? :(
This thread is not about her, it's about comparing what the judge said about her behavior to the behavior of pro cyclists (and, now, pot smokers).

But, since you did bring her up, in case anyone doesn't understand what the fuss is about....

lindsay-lohan_3.jpg
lindsay_lohan_umvd002.jpg

lindsay-lohan-seven-nyne-legs.jpg

A

Anonymous

She used to be stunning but I think her lifestyle has taken over. She's 24 years old. Scary.

lindsay-lohan-passed-out.jpg

lindsay-lohan-collagen-lips.jpg

20100608__do08-LohanWarrant.jpg

lindsay_lohan300.jpg

TRENDING THREADS