• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why Team Sky will dominate cycling till 2018

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
b.broadhurst said:
He didn't lose two minutes from that puncture, he lost it going downhill in the rain.

Two minutes in the timetrail stage.... if he had that time back his unfortunate accident in the rain would not have mattered.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
CQ give the really importance to every race, so, it counts that.

dominate the Tour? yes, froome was strong, but Quintana and Purito were stronger in the climbs and Tony Martin stronger in the ITT, so that is very different that Lance, or even Ullrich or Riis, when they won.

Frooome was a much better time trialist than Martin, look at the results Froom 1st and second, Martin first and whatever. We know that Wiggans is a better TTer than martin because of last year and Frooome is now better than him,

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
b.broadhurst said:
but then he would of had the same accident again in the following week after pulling out

Unlikelt, it was just bad luck like i said. Happens to the best in the world sometimes. Even science cant stop it.

brilleaben said:
All newfags up in this thread. I can't remember a single time where WonderLance has been wrong about a prediction.
if he say SKy will dominate, I could say that as well, you dont need to be a mosnter of predictions for that. But if you are borderline...he was wrong, they are not dominating the season, they are the third team of the season.

I have got 110 euros in Zweeler the only time I bet some money (just 2.5 euros) in cycling, by being the first in the second ITT of the Tour.

I predict as well in a forum Ciolek would won San Remo this year, and he will win this weekend Tours as well.

I could prove both things.

I wrote in 2008 that Froome impressed me as well.

Well, if he is so good, we can start from now on a competition of predictions to see if he has just lucky with his conspirative theories making sense with reallity in the case of SKy, or he is really good.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I think the original point of this thread is becoming lost. I'm not trying to question if Sky dominated, that argument is as strong as Brad case of the munchies.

What I want to talk about is all the exciting new techiniques and reasons Sky is going to dominate the sport we all love

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
if he say SKy will dominate, I could say that as well, you dont need to be a mosnter of predictions for that. But if you are borderline...he was wrong, they are not dominating the season, they are the third team of the season.

I have got 110 euros in Zweeler the only time I bet some money (just 2.5 euros) in cycling, by being the first in the second ITT of the Tour.

I predict as well in a forum Ciolek would won San Remo this year, and he will win this weekend Tours as well.

I could prove both things.

I wrote in 2008 that Froome impressed me as well.

Well, if he is so good, we can start from now on a competition of predictions to see if he has just lucky with his conspirative theories making sense with reallity in the case of SKy, or he is really good.

I'm sorry, I dont understand.

b.broadhurst said:
Hahahahahaha

Brad is terrible in the rain and he didn't even have the form to win the Giro.

He couldn't even beat Dowsett in the TT.

He had the form but not the motivation. Being relegated to the Giro was a massive blow to his ego and morale. He felt disrespected, unappreciated and discarded.

Taxus4a said:
And this year, yes, Porte was strong till July, the same way Roche was very strong from july onwards, it is a question of season planification. but of course, Porte is a very strong rider, at least as Roche.

Are you saying Roche is a stronger rider than Porte:confused::eek:

I think he is better at positioning/ in a one day race but Porte is stronger on the ITT and mountains.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
It's SCIENCE. For instance the way Sky are winning the war on the dead spot by using innovatively shaped chainrings.
6047199363_382b49b665_z.jpg

This arrived this week fresh from the factory. Unfortunately only a few special mechanics can work with them, so the F-Dawg will have to wait for those extra watts.

Or the cutting edge work Sky are doing on sports-circadiatics. They've made real gains by instructing riders to deliberately enter an unconscious, coma-like state during non-daylight hours: a regime they have to follow every day. The fine details count.

Angliru said:
He had the form but not the motivation. Being relegated to the Giro was a massive blow to his ego and morale. He felt disrespected, unappreciated and discarded.

That's funny. To me it seemed like Wiggins was perfectly motivated when SKY won the TTT on the 2nd day of the giro. He got demotivated as soon as he was dropped on the first climb of the race

42x16ss said:
Welcome back Wonderlance! This place just got readable again :)

Wowser, a Wonderlance thread!
Worth a brief return.
Great to see the guy with the huge pole return.
Still the funniest poster around, even with all the stiff
competition from the Clinic.

Hope his new found Sky love will motivate him to post more of the same and soon.

TRENDING THREADS