• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why Team Sky will dominate cycling till 2018

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
WonderLance said:
Of coarse it does silly, cant you read the bit at the start?

What about winter training in spain, no other pro cyclists have done that. They are usually off eating pies, making gingerbread, and being the international face of lederhosen like Jan used to

To be honest I thought your topic was trolling, but pehaps you are some thought of witty genius with a brain the size of a planet

I dont think they are going to dominate, they have revolutioned this sport, but that doesnt mean they are going to dominate.

It would be normal, becouse they are the team with more budget, and they have very strong riders, but they are not alone. Rigo now will be a rival, and Nibali, and Quintana, Rui Costa, Dan Martin, Hesjedal, Purito, Valverde, Pinot,...

They got in one Tour with a soft parcous and some rivals out, that riders as Rogers, Porte, and Froome help a solid leader as Wiggins, but.. it is going Wiggins to help Froome in the same way?

If Porte, Henao and Nieve work together for Froome, and they are in a good shape and out of problems, they could have a strong team again, but I think will never be the same.

And this year, yes, Porte was strong till July, the same way Roche was very strong from july onwards, it is a question of season planification. but of course, Porte is a very strong rider, at least as Roche.

SKy has more budget and is going to have advantage for training, material, riders, professional, etc...

And I think as well his methods and marginals gains works,,, but that doestn make miracles, and now almost all the teams do the same or similar.

If you mean this is dominate a season as 2013:

1. [Bel] OmegaPharma - Quick Step Cycling Team PRT 11644
2. [Esp] Movistar Team PRT 11150
3. [Gbr] Sky Procycling PRT 11130
4. [Rus] Katusha Team PRT 10401
5. [Usa] BMC Racing Team PRT 9384
6. [Kaz] Astana Pro Team PRT 9382
7. [Lux] RadioShack - Leopard PRT 8695
8. [Ned] Belkin Pro Cycling Team PRT 8315
9. [Fra] FDJ.fr PRT 8107
10. [Den] Team Saxo - Tinkoff PRT 7713

that way yes.. they are going to dominate, but a little less in my opinion.

the question is that I dont believe that is dominate. That is not a very good result for the team with more budged,

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Team Sky will dominate till 2018 because the tears from Contador and Valverde fans are good for the earth clima. God's work trust me.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
If you mean this is dominate a season as 2013:

1. [Bel] OmegaPharma - Quick Step Cycling Team PRT 11644
2. [Esp] Movistar Team PRT 11150
3. [Gbr] Sky Procycling PRT 11130
4. [Rus] Katusha Team PRT 10401
5. [Usa] BMC Racing Team PRT 9384
6. [Kaz] Astana Pro Team PRT 9382
7. [Lux] RadioShack - Leopard PRT 8695
8. [Ned] Belkin Pro Cycling Team PRT 8315
9. [Fra] FDJ.fr PRT 8107
10. [Den] Team Saxo - Tinkoff PRT 7713

Yes but the races that Sky have won are the important ones, they have focused on the ones that people really care about and have dominated these in a way nobody has for decades.

I am a massive Team Sky fan but they do not dominate the World Tour.

They dominate 1 GT and the 5 stage races leading up to it.

They do nothing in the other 2 GT's, classics, one day races etc.

To me this is not domination.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
b.broadhurst said:
I am a massive Team Sky fan but they do not dominate the World Tour.

They dominate 1 GT and the 5 stage races leading up to it.

They do nothing in the other 2 GT's, classics, one day races etc.

To me this is not domination.

Brad would have dominated the Giro if it wasnt for some bad luck and a serious injury. He was obviously the best rider there. Nobody notices the vuelta anyway, too late in the season.

And are you forgetting Cavs world chap while in Sky kit?

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Netserk said:
Please stay on topic and do NOT bring clinic material to this thread.

Thank you.

lol

what topic

seems i have to report again and contact benson after

trolling/non trolling seems based on who moderate

WonderLance said:
Brad would have dominated the Giro if it wasnt for some bad luck and a serious injury. He was obviously the best rider there. Nobody notices the vuelta anyway, too late in the season.

I dont think so, Nibali was really strong there... but of course he and Hesjedal were very strong and coul have fight for pink. But not the best parcous for Wiggins, without suspensions.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
b.broadhurst said:
Hahahahahaha

Brad is terrible in the rain and he didn't even have the form to win the Giro.

He couldn't even beat Dowsett in the TT.

Brad had a puncture. He lost at least two minutes. Even science cant stop bad luck.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
brilleaben said:
All newfags up in this thread. I can't remember a single time where WonderLance has been wrong about a prediction.

what this thread does it shows who the newfags mods are

airstream was trolling/baiting , this is quality discussion right here

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
I dont think so, Nibali was really strong there... but of course he and Hesjedal were very strong and coul have fight for pink. But not the best parcous for Wiggins, without suspensions.

As we saw in 2012 wiggans is the second best climber in the world, nibali is only the third. Brad could have dominated.

WonderLance said:
Yes but the races that Sky have won are the important ones, they have focused on the ones that people really care about and have dominated these in a way nobody has for decades.
CQ give the really importance to every race, so, it counts that.

Pais Vasco, Volta, Vuelta, Giro, Tirreno and all the clasics are very important races.

dominate the Tour? yes, froome was strong, but Quintana and Purito were stronger in the climbs and Tony Martin stronger in the ITT, so that is very different that Lance, or even Ullrich or Riis, when they won.

Quintana was used to attack form far to help Valverde, but the days he wanst, he climb better than froome, and he is a 23 years old rider.

Purito crashed two days before Pirynees, but after his recover, he show he can climb better than Froome.
They have string riders and have wong some races, but in the holle season, not so impressive for the team with more budget.

It is a good season, that is right