• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why Team Sky will dominate cycling till 2018

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I think Sky can domintae especially GT'S and i can actually see 1 day they getting a big classic guy, i mean for example why not say to Stybar come to us you be leader? Im sure he would it would be unique to be the first at Sky, i think they should get G.Thomas and mould him into a climber he will fly, Foome will not be any older than 34 by then so who knows.

Dazed and Confused said:
Gotta say I'm a fan of Hansen, but the recent pictures are putting me on the fence here. Are there real men in the peloton these days? But yes, Hinault would break Froome like a twig.
Hansen even has the Badger's seal of approval from all accounts :D Sure, he's a clown but it's for the fans on the roadside, not the TV cameras.

Hinault does approve of quite a few current classics riders and openly says that a few have some real steel about them but he has some varied and colourful opinions of the higher profile stage racers though...

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
A 2ndBritish team in the TDF? Give me a break these guys will hate that we all no what their like they despise British success in Cycling. I some times wonder weather they would rather not 1 Brit Cycle, i mean most Brits are hated on here(all the winners anyway). Yet those saints the Spaniards wow its unique thats for sure.

TANK91 said:
A 2ndBritish team in the TDF? Give me a break these guys will hate that we all no what their like they despise British success in Cycling. I some times wonder weather they would rather not 1 Brit Cycle, i mean most Brits are hated on here(all the winners anyway). Yet those saints the Spaniards wow its unique thats for sure.

Robert Millar is pretty much appreciated and respected here. Is he not British?
Froome has his supporters here. I think you confuse skepticism with hatred.

oldcrank said:
Not to be outdone by all the champions he has assisted, Dr. Peters
has just had an astonishingly successful week at the 2013 World
Masters Athletics Championships in Brazil where he won, all in very
convincing fashion, the 100m, the 200m, the 400m, and was part
of the winning GBR 4x100 and 4x400 relays in his 60-64 age group.
Dr. Steve Peters, Head of Medicine for Team SKY/21st CENTURY FOX/
PINARELLO/RAPHA is in lane one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4A_rg6I3JI

EDIT: I'm guessing this is the heats, not the semis or the finals
because he would have been seeded in a better lane after the
first round, and it isn't in the main stadium.

Very interesting what Monsieur Pervis has to say about
British Cycling. Francois Pervis has won five Rainbow
Jerseys and currently holds two World Records from a
career representing France for more than a decade.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/japanese-keirin-helps-pervis-conquer-the-world

quote:......it's about their level of physical and mental
preparation vis a vis things like diet. We don't do
anything like that in France
, except by ourselves.

Compelling information from a rider with a vast amount of
experience at the highest level of sport for a dozen years.

EDIT: it appears the above link no longer works, try:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/editions/first-edition-cycling-news-saturday-march-8-2014
and scroll down to the article titled "Japanese Keirin Experience
Helps Pervis Conquer The World."

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
oldcrank said:
Very interesting what Monsieur Pervis has to say about
British Cycling. Francois Pervis has won five Rainbow
Jerseys and currently holds two World Records from a
career representing France for more than a decade.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/japanese-keirin-helps-pervis-conquer-the-world

quote:......it's about their level of physical and mental
preparation vis a vis things like diet. We don't do
anything like that in France
, except by ourselves.

Compelling information from a rider with a vast amount of
experience at the highest level of sport for a dozen years.

but i was told by trusty forum experts there are no marginal gains and everybody just pedals away like in 1980 :confused: i was lied ?

Even if "Francois Pervis has won five Rainbow Jerseys" i guess he has no clue about cycling and i should trust more our local forum experts as they are more knowledgeable.

EnacheV said:
but i was told by trusty forum experts there are no marginal gains and everybody just pedals away like in 1980 :confused: i was lied ?

Even if "Francois Pervis has won five Rainbow Jerseys" i guess he has no clue about cycling and i should trust more our local forum experts as they are more knowledgeable.
Missed the point, yet again.

Tell us what Team Sky are doing that 90%+ of the other WT teams aren't and maybe people will start listening to you.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
From the start I ignored this thread, for the only reason it´s hilarious.
Imaging being so blind, and so biased that your entire objectivity and common sense went out the window the same second you wrote WHY TEAM...

First of all, science didnt "make" SKY, you are misled, lost in space.
Go to the clinic and get your answers, its all there.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
42x16ss said:
Missed the point, yet again.

Tell us what Team Sky are doing that 90%+ of the other WT teams aren't and maybe people will start listening to you.

Psstt...Nobody listens to him, that´s the only reason he haven´t been banned yet...;)

TRENDING THREADS