• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wigans to miss Amstel Gold....

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
MikeyClark said:

troll.jpg

MikeyClark

BANNED
Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Where did I say he was banned- isn't that misquoting and isn't that 'trolling'?

Then who are you talking about? Are you saying that Thoughtforfood was not banned and allowed to come back?

You haven't told me what you think is trolling. Maybe it's time to stop asking questions and make a point.

Trying to find some piece of nuance to catch someone out (and failing) for the sake of it is also trolling in my book.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
MikeyClark said:
Then who are you talking about? Are you saying that Thoughtforfood was not banned and allowed to come back?

You haven't told me what you think is trolling. Maybe it's time to stop asking questions and make a point.

Trying to find some piece of nuance to catch someone out (and failing) for the sake of it is also trolling in my book.

I said 'keeps coming back' .... thats a multiple.

If asking questions is 'trolling' (in your book) then there is a lot of trolling going on. I don't assume something, if I am not sure I will ask.

So why do you keep coming back when you have been repeatedly banned?

MikeyClark

BANNED
Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
If asking questions is 'trolling' (in your book) then there is a lot of trolling going on. I don't assume something, if I am not sure I will ask.

Well it depends how those questions are asked. Say there was a clear cut case of trolling, like this thread, and someone like me says that the user should not be banned for this. But then another user comes along to ask lots of questions about trolling without actually making a point, and hamfistedly tries to imply the person saying TFF should not be banned is trolling, that could be considered a form of trolling.

Indeed, anyone would think they were trying to distract from someone having exposed the absolutely clear hypocrisy of the forum in regard to trolling. That wouldn't be true, would it?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
MikeyClark said:
Well it depends how those questions are asked. Say there was a clear cut case of trolling, like this thread, and someone like me says that the user should not be banned for this. But then another user comes along to ask lots of questions about trolling without actually making a point, and hamfistedly tries to imply the person saying TFF should not be banned is trolling, that could be considered a form of trolling.

Indeed, anyone would think they were trying to distract from someone having exposed the absolutely clear hypocrisy of the forum in regard to trolling. That wouldn't be true, would it?

When TFF gets banned 30+ times I will ask him the same question - why do you keep coming back after being repeatedly banned?

TFF highlighted that Wiggans said he could not travel because of cancelled flights - other riders made it form the same destination - you may disagree with his point but it is valid.

MikeyClark

BANNED
Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
When TFF gets banned 30+ times I will ask him the same question - why do you keep coming back after being repeatedly banned?

I think he would be banned a lot more than 30 times if he was banned for every time he was trolling.

TFF highlighted that Wiggans said he could not travel because of cancelled flights - other riders made it form the same destination - you may disagree with his point but it is valid.

Look, I'm laid back about him deliberately mispelling his name, singling him out as some great exception to what everyone else is doing, and mocking his personal tastes, in order to provoke people. But pretending that is not trolling, when he admitted to targeting team sky for troll attacks only a few days ago, and other people ARE trolling for doing much less, makes you look like a complete hypocrite.

You're actually WORSE than TFF for doing that I'm afraid.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
MikeyClark said:

You're actually WORSE than TFF for doing that I'm afraid.

Ah, but we know TFF's reasons as he is quite happy to share, I am just asking YOU a very simple question - why do you repeatedly come back when you have been banned.

A

Anonymous

Jamsque said:
It's OK for TFF to troll because he announces himself as a troll.

And also because he has 4,000 posts.

Plus, I add content to the forum above and beyond my obviously trolling content. I certainly make comments meant to incite a response from people who disagree with me. I also insult and belittle people. I also discuss cycling on many threads in an intelligent and thoughtful manner. I also add content to threads in parts of the forum that do not deal with cycling. I participate fully in these forums. You may not like my opinions, and you may think I am a total ***. I don't lose sleep over what is said on interweb forums, nor over what others here may think of me. The interwebs is a very poor relational tool in many ways, so the interactions here may have a certain character that real personal interaction have, but because of the lack of physical contact, they will remain somewhat superficial and detached. I therefore interact differently here as does everyone. It is part of the whole gestalt of internet forum interaction.

None of this however makes me anything like the mentally ill person who continues to circumvent the ban placed upon him each and every time one is placed on him. I have noticed that Sunday resurrection is a theme with him recently. I am fairly certain he is not the second coming, but I am willing to bet that maybe he thinks he is. Either way, he is gone again. He will be back, and he is way too easy to spot now by those of us who have endured his presence for the last 9-10 months. I sincerely hope the guy gets psychological help soon.

MikeyClark

BANNED
Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Plus, I add content to the forum above and beyond my obviously trolling content. I certainly make comments meant to incite a response from people who disagree with me. I also insult and belittle people. I also discuss cycling on many threads in an intelligent and thoughtful manner. I also add content to threads in parts of the forum that do not deal with cycling. I participate fully in these forums. You may not like my opinions, and you may think I am a total ***. I don't lose sleep over what is said on interweb forums, nor over what others here may think of me. The interwebs is a very poor relational tool in many ways, so the interactions here may have a certain character that real personal interaction have, but because of the lack of physical contact, they will remain somewhat superficial and detached. I therefore interact differently here as does everyone. It is part of the whole gestalt of internet forum interaction.

None of this however makes me anything like the mentally ill person who continues to circumvent the ban placed upon him each and every time one is placed on him. I have noticed that Sunday resurrection is a theme with him recently. I am fairly certain he is not the second coming, but I am willing to bet that maybe he thinks he is. Either way, he is gone again. He will be back, and he is way too easy to spot now by those of us who have endured his presence for the last 9-10 months. I sincerely hope the guy gets psychological help soon.

That's a candid admission to your trolling activities designed to provoke people. Dr Masarati got himself in a terrible muddle trying to deny it. Well done to that. It's no skin off your nose, I know, but it's good to have this on record to expose the hypocrisy of the mods. There is no argument about that one anymore. Bad luck, Susan and Alph.

I too contribute to many different threads and subjects on this forum - the travel threads, the politics threads, the form and equipment threads - of course, and have started many decent threads that the mods admit where good subjects so had to keep open. The big difference between me and yourself is I'm not a troll though. I don't go around insulting people and disrupting threads for the sake of it to try to get a rise out of people. I'm just here for the issues. So in that sense you are right to say: "None of this however makes me anything like the mentally ill person who continues to circumvent the ban placed upon him each and every time one is placed on him"

We are indeed different.

MikeyClark

BANNED
Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Hypothetically, if they did decide to stop trolling at Cycling news forums in the manner they ldo on most cycling forums - which, as I say, I would not be wholly in favour of because some banter is a crucial part of most sports - it would be interesting to see what TFF would do.

I guess it's a likihood he probably would come back quite a lot under different names. Probably not as many as me due to his bannings being fair - the guy admits to what he does - but quite a few nonetheless.

MikeyClark

BANNED
Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Hypothetically, if they did decide to stop trolling at Cycling news forums in the manner they do on most cycling forums - which, as I say, I would not be wholly in favour of because some banter is a crucial part of most sports - it would be interesting to see what TFF would do.

I guess it's a likihood he probably would come back quite a lot under different names. Probably not as many as me due to his bannings being fair - the guy admits to what he does - but quite a few nonetheless.

MikeyClark

BANNED
Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
The pyschological of someone who admits to trolling themselves, but reports someone else continually, is interesting. I suspect TFF has reported me more times than anybody else, with the possible exception of RaceRadio.

Why would someone who trolls be so thin skinned and desperate to get someone else in trouble?

It is interesting.

He's like the kid at school who told on the kids that smoked whilst trying it himself on other occasions.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

You know, you say you "don't lose any sleep" over what happens here, but I have a question for you.

why-so-serious-the-joker-3122768-1024-768.jpg

I'm SERIOUS! Errybody so serious, that boy is SERIOUS, don't make me get wanna blud you don't really wanna wanna wanna get SERIOUS. My whole crew is serious. That man is serious, serious, serious, SERIOUS!

A

Anonymous

Jamsque said:
I should probably not post before I've had my morning coffee, huh.

Yea, your post kind of freaked me out a little...BTW do you play Doom online any?

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
Please get back on topic, and stay there.

Susan

Its a pretty weak topic if I do say so myself. Plus, now that His Hairness is driving to Fleche, I can't beat on him anymore.

TRENDING THREADS