• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins Restricted

Wiggins' Stupid Quotes

From the latest CN story:

Wiggins: "It wasn't really anything personal with the riders and I spoke to most of them before I left. I know I couldn't have got fourth without the help those guys gave me. But I think I can do better this year and make improvements in certain areas I felt I was always restricted with at that team."

How was Wiggins restricted by Garmin? Did they force him to occasionally get a haircut?

Another nice tidbit: "Some one was always going to get hurt along the way but that's the way it is."

Looks like he did not care who he hurt to get his way.

BroDeal said:

Wiggins: "It wasn't really anything personal with the riders and I spoke to most of them before I left. I know I couldn't have got fourth without the help those guys gave me. But I think I can do better this year and make improvements in certain areas I felt I was always restricted with at that team."

How was Wiggins restricted by Garmin? Did they force him to occasionally get a haircut?

Another nice tidbit: "Some one was always going to get hurt along the way but that's the way it is."

I havent been one for criticising Wiggins but that sentence really jumped out at me when I read it!!

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

if they forced that hairstyle on him they should be horsewhipped.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I appreciate that he has to parlay his one fluke result into as much money as he can before his career is over but, having watched him limp home in the peloton in the Tour de Poitou Charentes, he must know that eyebrows are already raised.

BroDeal said:

Perhaps he is speaking of some facet of his "preparation"?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
"...I think I can do better this year and make improvements in certain areas I felt I was always restricted with at that team."

shouldn't this be moved to its rightful place in 'da Clinic.

BigBoat and I were saying this months ago. He indeed will IMPROVE on Sky, for those above reasons, we may discuss in the other forum.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
He also mentions that the root of Miller's jealousy is that he wanted to move to Sky when the team was being formed. However as I understand it, Miller is a part owner of Garmin, so I doubt he had any pretensions of being targeted by SKY, even with their faux anti doping position.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
unsheath said:
He also mentions that the root of Miller's jealousy is that he wanted to move to Sky when the team was being formed. However as I understand it, Miller is a part owner of Garmin, so I doubt he had any pretensions of being targeted by SKY, even with their faux anti doping position.

wasn't it also to do with DB's "strict anti-doping" hiring practices?

as in; know you are my mate Dave, but you can f*uk right off, oh, and you can't ride for team GB either. I know you were a talented pursuiter and road racer, and even if the BOA ban is only for the Olympics no Worlds for you, because everything is Olympic preparation...

A

Anonymous

Smells like another garmin publicity stunt if you ask me..

This time its a mutual agreement to stoke up a Sky v Garmin fire as opposed to a Columbia v Garmin fire..

JV certainly knows how to work the press, and with Sky on board hes got the perfect bedfellows..

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
shouldn't this be moved to its rightful place in 'da Clinic.

BigBoat and I were saying this months ago. He indeed will IMPROVE on Sky, for those above reasons, we may discuss in the other forum.

Oh and he gets in his OMERTA upholding comment about Ricco as well: 'We should be worried about that parasite'...

A

Anonymous

Big GMaC said:
wasn't it also to do with DB's "strict anti-doping" hiring practices?

as in; know you are my mate Dave, but you can f*uk right off, oh, and you can't ride for team GB either. I know you were a talented pursuiter and road racer, and even if the BOA ban is only for the Olympics no Worlds for you, because everything is Olympic preparation...

Millar does not have a financial stake, but does have an ownership in place. I think the famous DB/DM dinner has a lot to do with why they can never work together.

Its a shame, i think DM has a lot he can offer the younger riders (and i dont mean ped's)

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
I think the famous DB/DM dinner has a lot to do with why they can never work together.

What exactly transpired there? Is that when they were having dinner and ended up getting arrested? I though DB forgave him and they remained friends?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Remember the time those two Kelme cyclists tried to fight each other at the Vuelta? A fight between Wiggins and Millar has similar images in my head. Unless they were allowed to have a knife each.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Remember the time those two Kelme cyclists tried to fight each other at the Vuelta? A fight between Wiggins and Millar has similar images in my head. Unless they were allowed to have a knife each.

how about bottle each other?

Digger said:
He is becoming more and more like a pr*** everyday. Good lines from JV there. And he is right, Wiggins will get found out this year. The guy is deluded if he really believes what he is saying.

+1 Agreed Digger...This year will prove last years TDF was a FLUKE..............and a TTT...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
+1 Agreed Digger...This year will prove last years TDF was a FLUKE..............and a TTT...
his final timetrial was mediocre, because he was not getting the blood transfusions and recovery dope, like insulin and IGF-1.

He will have that this year. He will be top 3.

TRENDING THREADS