• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins to win Le Tour?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

lucybears said:
he doesn't have to wait until July for that :D

I will not have to wait till july for the SHACK ATTACKS to commence? You are correct! :cool:

A

Anonymous

Hombre El Asso said:
I will not have to wait till july for the SHACK ATTACKS to commence? You are correct! :cool:

everytime anyone mentions the shack it reminds me of THIS

and thats not a good thing

ladyvader said:
No. He will be lucky to be in the top 10 in the TDF next year.

Not to be Debbie Downer for some of you folks, but that's what everyone was saying last year... (I'm neutral on LA. I don't necessarily pull for him, but I don't get the obsessiveness of some of those who hate him either)\

EDIT: oops, I thought you were talking about Armstrong in regards to the Shack Attack comments.

Mar 16, 2009
www.violetcrown.org
dimspace said:
latest tour de france odds.. (oddschecker)

Contador 5/6
Schleck A 5/1
Armstrong 10/1
Basso 25/1
Wiggins 25/1
Evans 28/1
Gesink 33/1
Schleck F 40/1
Menchov 40/1
Vaverde 40/1
Nibali 40/1
Sastre 50/1
Sammy Sanchez 50/1
Vandevelde 66/1
Leipheimer 66/1
Kreuziger 66/1
LL Sanchez 100/1
Rasmussen 100/1
Vino 100/1
Martin 125/1

think i might have an each way on vino to podium.. :D

Does a Yank really have to explain to a Pom how odds are set? Odds reflect money already bet -- the bookies want to lay off possible losses. So these numbers reflect crazy Pommie wagers as much as they do likelihood to win. Frankly (no pun intended), those guys at 40-1 look like better bets than Wiggo. So does Gesink. Maybe even Nibali.

Forth Place is the best Wiggins will ever get at the Tour. He was basically riding tempo up the mountains and it did not look like he could find any more speed. He was also lucky that several usual contenders either dropped out, were not there, or were having bad Tours. His TT ability is all well and good, but a lot of the contenders are either just as good or are better climbers and can make up the difference. Even if there were 200 KMs of TTing in the Tour, I doubt it would help him.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I sure hope so

I like an underdog story, but he is a marked man this year. I think top 5 will be much harder for him than it was last year based on other teams watching for him.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
latest tour de france odds.. (oddschecker)

Rasmussen 100/1

So what has happened to Rasmussen, does anybody know the latest? Is 100/1 the odds of him just getting back in the Tour?

I haven't seen anything since he rescinded one contract and seemed about to announce a new one.

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Psalmon said:
So what has happened to Rasmussen, does anybody know the latest? Is 100/1 the odds of him just getting back in the Tour?

I haven't seen anything since he rescinded one contract and seemed about to announce a new one.

I like your icon Psalmon, Sisyphus and the rock; good stuff! As for Rasmussesn, I think he is in Mexico hossing down some "high energy" burritos. I do hope to see him back in the peloton and hope he makes a decent comeback even if he needs to wait until 2011.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Psalmon said:

he might be in mexico???:rolleyes:

wiggins will not win the TDF nor will he even finish in the top 10"..............unless contador,schleck,armstrong,evans,basso,nibali,krueziger,vandevelde,sastre,gesink and menchov all crash and withdraw.....then maybe?

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I don't like his chances, though the time trial does suit him better than any of the real favorites. I think that if he can make it to the second rest day in yellow then it is worth talking about. He will likely lose time on the tourmalet summit finish but should be able to peg some back in the TT.

Psalmon said:
Doh! My bad. Just found this today about MR listed for January in Argentina riding for Italian based Miche. Still can't tell what that means.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/2010-tour-de-san-luis-roster-announced

Seems "extraterrestrial" Basso's going to be there so maybe Chicken will ask him how best to admit "attempted" doping so he can get back in the Tour.

?
from your link
"Italian Ivan Basso will NOT return to participate in the Tour de San Luis in January with the team. He kicked off his 2009 season at the South American stage race, but will start the upcoming season at the Volta a Catalunya on March 22-28."

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
lucybears said:
?
"Italian Ivan Basso will NOT return to participate in the Tour de San Luis in January with the team. He kicked off his 2009 season at the South American stage race, but will start the upcoming season at the Volta a Catalunya on March 22-28."

Double Doh! I plead too much Christmas holidays stress.

TRENDING THREADS