• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Armstrong help Armstrong on Ventoux ?

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
What are people's thoughts ? Do you think Lance Armstrong will look after his own needs on Ventoux and not his teams ? He's a great athlete and I think its time he stopped being such a dedicated team-mate and helped himself to a podium step or even a stage win. Thoughts ?

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
What are people's thoughts ? Do you think Lance Armstrong will look after his own needs on Ventoux and not his teams ? He's a great athlete and I think its time he stopped being such a dedicated team-mate and helped himself to a podium step or even a stage win. Thoughts ?

I with you on that!

May 6, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:

Well he is 0/8 on the mountain, so yes.

A

Anonymous

Yea, I am tired of him being the consummate teammate and suffering in the results because of it. I mean, he reduced his fitness level just so Contador would win, and what does he get from Contador? Bupkis, that's what!

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
LOL! First post of the season after following for years. The Ventoux as a climb borders on a religious experience and it requires most riders to go to limits that cannot be experienced or shared. Riders who make the turn onto the moonscape and into the brutal wind will descend into a survival mode that takes them to a most selfish place. All will be riding for themselves at that point. 110 Km wind at the top! Ouch.

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Contador did a nice job covering, pacing, and blocking the wind for Armstrong. The team aspect of Ventoux was a pleasant surprise on the part of Saxo and Astana. Class act all around.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
RustyBearings said:
Contador did a nice job covering, pacing, and blocking the wind for Armstrong. The team aspect of Ventoux was a pleasant surprise on the part of Saxo and Astana. Class act all around.

Was pretty cool to see Andy forgoe a stage win to help his brother, who looked to be in serios trouble sveral times today.

Ona side note, what an incredible ride by Wiggo!

TRENDING THREADS