Will Chris get desperate in 2015?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
9,860
0
0
ebandit said:
The only reason you know about Froomes Tue is because it was leaked....you have no idea whether other riders had a Tue so you've no basis for any comment

Mark L
Do we know of any other riders who claim to be sick and then perform like the Dawg did? If so then yes, they might be calling up Zorzoli for steroids too.
 
the sceptic said:
I find it hard to believe random french guys are on horse steroids. Or Nibali for that matter.

First you need to fake an illness to get the TUE. I dont remember any other riders coming down with emergency illnesses like the Dawg did.

Secondly you need Zorzoli to sign it. I doubt he deals to the entire peloton.

So I do believe Dawg did get a very unfair atvantage there. If the UCI was transparent and fair they would take that win away from the Dawg.
It was an emergency. The Dawg was very sick so he bypassed the normal TUE process and got his horse steriods fast tracked.

I'm glad the Dawg got his gear. Made for a much better race, watching him go full genius & smash the field in half along with beating Tony Martin in the ITT.

Good for cycling.


The UCI did not immediately reply to questions about the JDD report and the role of Dr. Mario Zorzoli or if it will create a TUE Committee when contacted by Cyclingnews.
TUE applications must be submitted in legible French or English. Written medical reports must also be submitted in legible French or English, although results of tests may be in the original language.

All TUE applications must be received by the UCI at least 21 days before medication is commenced.


Applications may be received by the UCI by the following means:
Email: medical@uci.ch
Fax: +41 24 468 59 48
Post: Dr Mario Zorzoli (UCI), Chemin de la Mêlée, 1860 Aigle (Switzerland)
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
ebandit said:
The only reason you know about Froomes Tue is because it was leaked....you have no idea whether other riders had a Tue so you've no basis for any comment

Mark L
you're now coming up with very unlikely hypotheses just to defend Chris.
that argument is an insult even to Skybots.
 
sniper said:
you're now coming up with very unlikely hypotheses just to defend Chris.
that argument is an insult even to Skybots.
It's the only hypothesis left.

Your like minded mates moved seamlessly from arguing that there no evidence to support that Froome was NOT on a TUE in 2013, to arguing there is no evidence support that anybody else WAS on a TUE in 2013.

I think that's called hogging all the bases.:D
 
Mellow Velo said:
It's the only hypothesis left.

Your like minded mates moved seamlessly from arguing that there no evidence to support that Froome was NOT on a TUE in 2013, to arguing there is no evidence support that anybody else WAS on a TUE in 2013.

I think that's called hogging all the bases.:D
As distinct from the like minded mates who claim it was a level playing field.

Everyone had a TUE so no advantage for Froome. Not sure I'd want to be in your camp. It's a preposterous position to take.
 
thehog said:
As distinct from the like minded mates who claim it was a level playing field.

Everyone had a TUE so no advantage for Froome. Not sure I'd want to be in your camp. It's a preposterous position to take.


Who has claimed that?.....You've invented a strawman and are now citing it as evidence :D

Mark L
 
Jul 10, 2013
277
0
0
Folks, given all that we know, and have lived, about cycling in the past few years, you see a cyclist do this:



Then do this a little later:



LOL.

Do they think we are THIS naïve?
 
Jul 10, 2013
277
0
0
In many ways I thank Chris for actually showing up how doping is carried out. Instead of looking at drawings in some obscure newspaper depicting someone getting a blood transfusion.
 
Jul 21, 2012
9,860
0
0
The_Juan said:
Folks, given all that we know, and have lived, about cycling in the past few years, you see a cyclist do this:



Then do this a little later:



LOL.

Do they think we are THIS naïve?
who are we to deny a sick man access to his medicine?
 
The_Juan said:
In many ways I thank Chris for actually showing up how doping is carried out. Instead of looking at drawings in some obscure newspaper depicting someone getting a blood transfusion.
If only there was an investigative journalist who'd stop at nothing to find the truth? :rolleyes:
 
Jul 10, 2013
277
0
0
I like the gif about the 2013 Mt. Ventoux stage because everyone was taken aback by the acceleration. There's one particular Dutch commentator that was left speechless and all that he could mumble was "uy, uy, uy".

That must've been a huge puff.
 
Jul 10, 2013
277
0
0
thehog said:
If only there was an investigative journalist who'd stop at nothing to find the truth? :rolleyes:
If extremely fast-acting/fast-tapering off testosterone is ever made available... I can see people get patched up during the race.

The cyclists will deny it until the cows come home too.
 
Mellow Velo said:
It's the only hypothesis left.

Your like minded mates moved seamlessly from arguing that there no evidence to support that Froome was NOT on a TUE in 2013, to arguing there is no evidence support that anybody else WAS on a TUE in 2013.

I think that's called hogging all the bases.:D
Lol nicely done.
 
The_Juan said:
I like the gif about the 2013 Mt. Ventoux stage because everyone was taken aback by the acceleration. There's one particular Dutch commentator that was left speechless and all that he could mumble was "uy, uy, uy".

That must've been a huge puff.
The Fremch commentators were laughing.... I guess that's all one could do, is laugh.
 
Mar 9, 2013
1,996
0
0
Think mods should change this "To did Alberto get desperate". Afterall he is knicking all Sky's leftovers lol. No but in all seriousness he needs to stay upright do the TDF Vuela he will win the TDF if he stays up. People are living in one huge fantasy if they think Contador can win the Giro then beat Froome at the TDF if Froome misses the Giro.

When both guys were getting up to there peak shape we seen them both even and Froome beat him in a short ITT he was looking great for the TDF. La Vuelta as too many ? next to it we don't know there form. Contador had the worst look he had all year following Froome he was in agony so was Froome in all honesty then he crashed and is falling out the top 10 but people like to think Contador destroyed him in the Dauphinee haha.
 
The_Juan said:
I like the gif about the 2013 Mt. Ventoux stage because everyone was taken aback by the acceleration. There's one particular Dutch commentator that was left speechless and all that he could mumble was "uy, uy, uy".

That must've been a huge puff.
Commentators of all nationalities were in stitches on the Zoncolan stage in 2011.;)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY