• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Chris get desperate in 2015?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
The Fremch commentators were laughing.... I guess that's all one could do, is laugh.

On Sunday, Froome accelerated brutally to leave rival Alberto Contador of Spain stuck on the tar on his way to victory in the 15th stage, triggering a collective gasp in the press room.
:rolleyes:

His fierce rival Contador joined the debate later on Monday, saying he was certain that Froome was a clean rider.
"He is a professional who has a high level all year around and it is because he has been working hard," the Spaniard told a news conference.
:D

Mellow Velo said:
You really shouldn't try so hard to be wrong all the time.

We both know I wasn't talking about gear, unless it was for fishing.

I was wrong about the gear ratios?

I like to look beyond the nationality of a rider before condemning them. Perhaps try being a little less 'ye olde empire'. You might surprise yourself.

TANK91 said:
Think mods should change this "To did Alberto get desperate". Afterall he is knicking all Sky's leftovers lol. No but in all seriousness he needs to stay upright do the TDF Vuela he will win the TDF if he stays up. People are living in one huge fantasy if they think Contador can win the Giro then beat Froome at the TDF if Froome misses the Giro.

When both guys were getting up to there peak shape we seen them both even and Froome beat him in a short ITT he was looking great for the TDF. La Vuelta as too many ? next to it we don't know there form. Contador had the worst look he had all year following Froome he was in agony so was Froome in all honesty then he crashed and is falling out the top 10 but people like to think Contador destroyed him in the Dauphinee haha.

Er, no they don't. They speculate Contador would have destroyed him in TDF 2014 given the numbers Contador was pushing and that speculation was probably proven true in Vuelta 2014 where Contador did toy with and ultimately destroy Froome at will.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
IMHO

AC was looking to destroy Froome in Le Tour. AC is a nice guy and a class act. However he is a pure assassin on the bike. After the pure *** kicking topped off by some antics of Porte and Froomes book. They/Sky were going to get some humble pie served to them.

thehog said:
I was wrong about the gear ratios?

I like to look beyond the nationality of a rider before condemning them. Perhaps try being a little less 'ye olde empire'. You might surprise yourself.

Hmmmm......I think you should take a look at what you post.....the bulk of your efforts are spent attacking riders and team from the Mother country (or those that have its nationality)......chip on shoulder, much? :rolleyes: You need to look beyond your own personal insecurities....might give you a more rounded view of things

Mark L

thehook said:
IMHO

AC was looking to destroy Froome in Le Tour. AC is a nice guy and a class act. However he is a pure assassin on the bike. After the pure *** kicking topped off by some antics of Porte and Froomes book. They/Sky were going to get some humble pie served to them.

Which AC delivered at the Vuelta. Tactical masterclass. Even David Walsh couldn't help but admire Contador.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
ferryman said:
[/B]
Er, no they don't. They speculate Contador would have destroyed him in TDF 2014 given the numbers Contador was pushing and that speculation was probably proven true in Vuelta 2014 where Contador did toy with and ultimately destroy Froome at will.

So getting beat 2 stages and holding on all climb for dear life makes people think he would get destroyed in the TDF? How stupid are you, Froome was looking the man and than bang he crashes and is slowly getting beat by everyone including Contador. Please do tell me after Froome kicked his **** in the ITT and the MTF why people would think that?.

All we hard was Nibali got gifted a win because Contador crashed, eh hello the TDF winner was out before a single Mountain was reached. But have you're fun afterall you had to watch the biggest beat down of you're boys carear in 2013, talk about destroying someone.

You think Froome is dirty and the rest clean im sure of it judging by you're posts, come on now they all do it. One stands up acclerating the whole damn climb one looks like a frog sat down yet only one looks dirty? They both are huge dopers. Aterall Froome must be as he is beating the great one bla bla bla, and Contador well how must he do it eh how must he beat that dirty Kenyan?.

Froome can't win it seems in 2012 poeple hated Sky and it was oh he is not exciting Sky are boring for the sport, 2013 happens and he attacks all year unlike his teammate most boring GT rider of all time who stole a GT. Contador wins La Vuetla by such a huge time gap(rolls eyes) and is looked at as a hero. Both attacked like hell in the last 2 years, even in this Vuelta it takes two to tango there was still some doubt in some people as Froome looked to be stronger in the final week, Froome atleast gave the race some hope, not that that matters to the Contador fans who are like give us a 10 min win everytime please.

TailWindHome said:
B2dT2VnIUAI9hx2.jpg

Chris Froome ‏@chrisfroome · 5h5 hours ago
Wonderful stay in the Cape Winelands, sad to be leaving! Time to head to Johannesburg...

In vino veritas?
I agree, my friend, the truth is Chris
is not showing any desperation.
This month it was South African wineries,
last month it was Ananda-In The Himalayas
where the rich and famous like Bill and Melinda,
Charles and Camilla, or the Dawg and Michelle go
for yoga, meditation, ayurveda and vedanta. I think
there is more peace, tranquility, bliss and contentment
than desperation.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
oldcrank said:
I think
there is more peace, tranquility, bliss and contentment
than desperation.

Evidence of which was not possible till he had the big bucks to afford the trips to these exotic locales.

Big bucks on the back of doping.

Woop woop.

No need for desperation - cf Bradley Wiggins. Get your GT-win jackpot and retire whilst affecting desire to continue to ride. In reality he wants to do 4km races in a team. If only Froome had that as a fall back. Alas he's going to have to win a classic or something before he fades away.

No desperation indeed.

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Commentators of all nationalities were in stitches on the Zoncolan stage in 2011.;)

I think the Gardeccia stage was a lot more WTF-ish than the Zoncolan, from a performance perspective. Everyone was getting to the finish line looking like they had a minute left to live. Alberto crosses the line, gets off the bike, puts on his rain/cold weather gear and proceeds to the interviews section, talking as if he had just come back from taking a #2.

The Processo alla tappa (RAI) folks were commentating how everyone looked as they crossed the finish line, and when they saw Contador their jaws dropped to the floor. They could not believe this guy was walking around giving 5-minute interviews after what was arguably one of the hardest stages in contemporary Giro history.

In my honest opinion, in Europe, Alberto was given way too many brownie points when he beat Lance. Seems as though people do not want to dethrone the Lance-slayer.

TailWindHome said:
B2dT2VnIUAI9hx2.jpg

Chris Froome ‏@chrisfroome · 5h5 hours ago
Wonderful stay in the Cape Winelands, sad to be leaving! Time to head to Johannesburg...

In vino veritas?

The Cape, the reason why I love living here. It is however a massive tourist attraction to do the "wine routes" with Franshoek and surrounds being a hot bed for weddings. Compare it to JHB is like comparing a tropical rain forest to the moon.

TRENDING THREADS