• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Contador race like this on the volcano?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ryo Hazuki said:
:lolcry: man you don't have to bite everytime although it's becoming hilarious. I can already see you, worked up behind your glasses in front of your pc, having to defend contador at every turn, while contador couldn't care less :D

i doubt rujano cares about you defending him so thats not a very good point. :p

well when you do the usual: "it was his managers fault, and his former teams, and being away from columbia (i know he is from Venezuela :p) and he misses his family" etc etc etc to justify his lack of results in Europe outside the giro 2005 you are actually defending him and not spreading the word

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
I'm not defending him I'm spreading the message of his greatness. contador doesn't need that ;)

Actually you are defending him every time.

Rujano's greatness doesn't need spreading. We Belgians already know he's unpredictable as far as his skills go.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ryo, If you find El Clenbuterlero annoying then just put him on ignore. Even though he can be sensitive about Contador, he provides some good stuff to the forum.

back on topic, unless Nibali or Scarponi are in trouble, I think Alberto will just mark them or will make an attack a km or so out.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm not annoyed by him. I'm amused by him. as soon as someone annoys me, or is to dumb to waste my time with I will for sure put him on my ignore. didn't know there was one though

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Field Sprint

No_Balls said:
Really, so when was the last time he won a field sprint?
OT: If you read (that is assuming you can) from Contadors pressroom you might have noticed that Contador felt good during the 7th stage, didn´t care about the sprint while saving himself for Sunday.

LOL! He almost got one today!!!!!!!!:eek: I guess that settles the "how well is he riding?" question....:p

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:

Sorry I couldn't resist ;)

Must be difficult to hoist yourself in a racing bib, and position yourself on these narrow lightweight carbon bike saddles, while sitting on something the size of a small Colombian...

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. Contador has completely changed his season this year, partly because of a late start due to legal issues, and partly for an attempt at the Giro - Tour double. He'll be exhausted on the last day of the Giro, but he'll also be at his fittest point of the year so far, after deliberately holding back. When asked, he said he'd really like to win Zoncolan. I'd expect his best effort to be the mountain TT. There should be plenty of chances to watch him climb.

Scarponi was in pretty serious shape with his win a few weeks ago. I think he might be in the same boat as Evans& Vino were last year. He'd best try to go for significant time Sunday or early next week, because I think he'll have problems the last few stages.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
If anything, you're as much as a hypocrite as me El Pistoletje

He's far, far worse. At least you will concede when you get it wrong (er...sometimes) and have a sense of humour. (er........sometimes);)

The way he talks, you think it was him pedaling the Beefo's bike.

Here's a thought. Maybe the mods should compile a UCI style, list of posters most likely to test positive for being hypocritical.
In which case, Mr Pisstol, would score a ten!:D

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Here's a thought. Maybe the mods should compile a UCI style, list of posters most likely to test positive for being hypocritical.

Who says we don't have that? We just are not as prone to leaks as the UCI :p

To be quite honest I don't know what to expect of Contador on the mountain, I think that perhaps he'll ride defensively, because it really is not the best moment for him to get the jersey, especially with the team he has

Barrus said:
Who says we don't have that? We just are not as prone to leaks as the UCI :p
To be quite honest I don't know what to expect of Contador on the mountain, I think that perhaps he'll ride defensively, because it really is not the best moment for him to get the jersey, especially with the team he has

The back end of this race has so many hard days and so many evil ramps, that I can't see anyone going beyond 90%, unless a major contender or two looks to be in serious trouble.
I think there are a number of climbs that suit Contador far better and I expect him to do a passable impersonation of Levi Leipheimer, tomorrow.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
He's far, far worse. At least you will concede when you get it wrong (er...sometimes) and have a sense of humour. (er........sometimes);)

The way he talks, you think it was him pedaling the Beefo's bike.

The way you talk it seems like you have a crush on everything Armstrong related.

Just sayin'

All I said was Contador not sprinting for the victory in stage 7 was not because lack of form. If you disagree then fine, but today he proved the topic starter wrong.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
The way you talk it seems like you have a crush on everything Armstrong related.

Just sayin'

All I said was Contador not sprinting for the victory in stage 7 was not because lack of form. If you disagree then fine, but today he proved the topic starter wrong.

generally, you are wrong.
generally, you don't see that.
generally, everyone that tries to discuss with you regrets it, because, generally, you make us think that your cognitive capacity isn't good enough to discuss without exploding *** like a volcano does with lava.

but keep going, you are funny and it is "good" to read your posts. please don't stop.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
c&cfan said:
generally, you are wrong.
generally, you don't see that.
generally, everyone that tries to discuss with you regrets it, because, generally, you make us think that your cognitive capacity isn't good enough to discuss without exploding *** like a volcano does with lava.

but keep going, you are funny and it is "good" to read your posts. please don't stop.

Ah, the guy that thinks no one is a champion except the riders he likes :p

Have you never learned to use capital letters by the way? Or decent grammar for that matter.

TRENDING THREADS