• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Gilbert complete the "ardennes triple" by winning liege?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Will Gilbert complete the "ardennes triple" by winning liege?

• Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The last Belgian to win La Doyenne was the late Frank Vandenbroucke in 1999. Ten years later he died in Senegal but Gilbert felt the spirit of VDB during his race today. "I was close with Frank and on Friday his mother said Frank would ride with me and support me in the race. I'm proud to follow on his footsteps," Gilbert said.

very nice from gilbert.more respect from my part.with his explosive accelerations he resembles the legend VDB.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy for him, winning the home race is what he deserved.
Now he should take a break and then go to the Tour, it should be useful in the preparation for Clasica San Sebastian :D :rolleyes:

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
The last Belgian to win La Doyenne was the late Frank Vandenbroucke in 1999. Ten years later he died in Senegal but Gilbert felt the spirit of VDB during his race today. "I was close with Frank and on Friday his mother said Frank would ride with me and support me in the race. I'm proud to follow on his footsteps," Gilbert said.

very nice from gilbert.more respect from my part.with his explosive accelerations he resembles the legend VDB.

So basically VDB won Liege for the second time today. Now that's a true legend.

TRENDING THREADS