• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Lance get the top bunk in prison?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dopes

Race Radio said:
While the groupies like to pretend (hope) that Nowitsky is Captain Clouseau the reality is he got plea deals or convictions of 10 of the 11 people in the BALCO case.....that is better then Armstrong's Tour record.

Unlike Bonds there are multiple witnesses who are talking to the Feds in the Armstrong case.

You don't know crap about me Captain Stupid. You on the other hand have proven your ignorance by calling me a fanboy. My post was not about LA, it was about your savior, Novitzky. I'm just trying to temper your glee so when he walks shut ins like yourself can carry on. Novitzky couldn't get a prosecution with an informant on the inside working for him and the attention of a nation. Bonds was the LA in that trial, last I checked he was free as a bird. The closest he will get to LA is by winning a Levi look alike contest.

I saved this so I can post it to the forums the day he walks, look for me in 5 years.

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
Everyone is all thrilled that Novitsky is on the case and this will be the end of LA. Novitsky is a bungling idiot who could not get a charge to stick against Barry Bonds. All of this in a time when the US government was holding hearings on the use of PEDs in baseball. If you can't get a conviction in that environment you suck as an investigator. Novitsky needs to prove fraud in the LA case, not doping. In that whole investigation Tammy Thomas was put under house arrest for perjury, not doping. LA has more money and smarter lawyers than she had and they will not let him make that mistake. Victor Conte did some time but not much, maybe a year?? He did time on money laundering, another "dopey" maneuver. Novitsky is an investigator for our government, that means he is a scale employee, he would be in the private sector if he was a real talent. He couldn't get Bonds!! Remember this people, not even on perjury.

You and I know how LA won tours but this is not within reach of Novitsky, he has to prove fraud. The majority of the people will have forgotten by the time this ever makes it to trial, if it ever does. I hate to p**s from the top of the ladder on ya but you gotta control your glee. Novitsky ain't no Elliot Ness.

Interesting post....I don't agree with all of it....but there is a hell of a lot of sense in what you say.

I think everyone forgets this is an investigation....not a trial....the guys knocking one out at the thought of LA bending over to pick up the soap are going to be so irate if no charges are brought against him....and that is the other assumption....that he is the only target of the investigation....if so why are the Feds talking to Joey P and Chad G?

So Floyd is talking to them....oh and ABC....(like a defence lawyer wouldn't have a field day with that decision)....but he is talking to the feds and to do so he has had to admit his own perjury....hmm.... I don't think he will be Jeff's first witness....

Tyler is laying the "ground rules" for his meeting....GH, DZ, LL will get a call....what do you really think they are going to say? " I too have been lying all this time and now i am coming clean, not because they wouldn't let me race TOC or because I feel bitter, but because it is the right thing to do, and what is more, I have EVIDENCE of fraud, not just my word"....EVIDENCE....like in the BALCO case....a list with names, prescriptions, dates....Heck, Ironside could have got convictions with that.

Lemond has had his files supoenaed....he probably won't even get to meet Jeff....or play his home made tape of his call to the oakley girl either....but at least he has helped Floyd by recommending a good Lawyer...much better than his last one....you know the guy who made those calls....to Greg....and said that horrible stuff

Betsey has already freaked out enough lawyers....I am sure the FEDs will also have her cell number on bar soon enough.

Emma O'Reilly will no doubt volunteer to fly over and testify....she might take down that bit on her physio website first, about having "helped" some of the world's best athletes "including Lance Armstrong"....wouldn't want to be seen trading on his association and then calling him a fraud....that might seem....well.... fraudulent

This is going to the best Judge Judy episode ever....

As long as someone wants to watch the circus....it will continue....and if it all comes to nothing....don't worry David Walsh will be writing another book soon....so you can all read that and get angry all over again.

JRTinMA said:
I saved this so I can post it to the forums the day he walks, look for me in 5 years.

take%20your%20fail.jpg

straydog said:
Interesting post....I don't agree with all of it....but there is a hell of a lot of sense in what you say.

I think everyone forgets this is an investigation....not a trial....the guys knocking one out at the thought of LA bending over to pick up the soap are going to be so irate if no charges are brought against him....and that is the other assumption....that he is the only target of the investigation....if so why are the Feds talking to Joey P and Chad G?

So Floyd is talking to them....oh and ABC....(like a defence lawyer wouldn't have a field day with that decision)....but he is talking to the feds and to do so he has had to admit his own perjury....hmm.... I don't think he will be Jeff's first witness....

Tyler is laying the "ground rules" for his meeting....GH, DZ, LL will get a call....what do you really think they are going to say? " I too have been lying all this time and now i am coming clean, not because they wouldn't let me race TOC or because I feel bitter, but because it is the right thing to do, and what is more, I have EVIDENCE of fraud, not just my word"....EVIDENCE....like in the BALCO case....a list with names, prescriptions, dates....Heck, Ironside could have got convictions with that.

Lemond has had his files supoenaed....he probably won't even get to meet Jeff....or play his home made tape of his call to the oakley girl either....but at least he has helped Floyd by recommending a good Lawyer...much better than his last one....you know the guy who made those calls....to Greg....and said that horrible stuff

Betsey has already freaked out enough lawyers....I am sure the FEDs will also have her cell number on bar soon enough.

Emma O'Reilly will no doubt volunteer to fly over and testify....she might take down that bit on her physio website first, about having "helped" some of the world's best athletes "including Lance Armstrong"....wouldn't want to be seen trading on his association and then calling him a fraud....that might seem....well.... fraudulent

This is going to the best Judge Judy episode ever....

As long as someone wants to watch the circus....it will continue....and if it all comes to nothing....don't worry David Walsh will be writing another book soon....so you can all read that and get angry all over again.

All true but they have to prove fraud, not doping. Everyone knows he doped.

On an unrelated issue: Man, having an opinion about prosecutors can really get you in trouble on this forum. Its a good thing I hate LA or I'm sure overweight cynical/jaded assassin feebs on bikes would be headed my way.

Moose and Radio, here is an image of TT from back in the day to get you revved up.

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17299&stc=1&d=1206736698

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
La has way too much money to be doing time. However like Oj they may get him for something later on although I doubt it...... the truth coming out will be enough. I think definitely arrogance led him to believe he would not get caught this second time around... he sleeps with most of Congress for crying out loud....

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
You don't know crap about me Captain Stupid. You on the other hand have proven your ignorance by calling me a fanboy. My post was not about LA, it was about your savior, Novitzky. I'm just trying to temper your glee so when he walks shut ins like yourself can carry on. Novitzky couldn't get a prosecution with an informant on the inside working for him and the attention of a nation. Bonds was the LA in that trial, last I checked he was free as a bird. The closest he will get to LA is by winning a Levi look alike contest.

My apologies for calling you a fanboy. You had repeated one of the current fanboy talking points, that Novitzky is a loser. This is incorrect.

The main target of the BALCO case was * Surprise* BALCO. It started as an investigation of the lab and some of the Track athletes that used it. It gradually expanded to include Bonds, which of course garnered much of the newspaper pages.

While the fanboys, of which you are of course not one, grasp hopefully for parallels between the Bonds and Armstrong cases the fact is they are very different. There are many more witnesses in the Armstrong case, much more evidence, and is a far broader scope of possible charges.

It would be a mistake to think that Bonds is in the clear. His legal team has been very skillful in delaying the trial for as long as possible and appealing every motion. Currently the lawyers are trying to agree on a trial date and it looks like early next year. The challenge with it is unlike the Armstrong case the is only one key witness, Anderson, and he is not talking.

please do save your post for the inevitable plea bargain, guilty plea or trial.

Race Radio said:
My apologies for calling you a fanboy. You had repeated one of the current fanboy talking points, that Novitzky is a loser. This is incorrect.

The main target of the BALCO case was * Surprise* BALCO. It started as an investigation of the lab and some of the Track athletes that used it. It gradually expanded to include Bonds, which of course garnered much of the newspaper pages.

While the fanboys, of which you are of course not one, grasp hopefully for parallels between the Bonds and Armstrong cases the fact is they are very different. There are many more witnesses in the Armstrong case, much more evidence, and is a far broader scope of possible charges.

It would be a mistake to think that Bonds is in the clear. His legal team has been very skillful in delaying the trial for as long as possible and appealing every motion. Currently the lawyers are trying to agree on a trial date and it looks like early next year. The challenge with it is unlike the Armstrong case the is only one key witness, Anderson, and he is not talking.

please do save your post for the inevitable plea bargain, guilty plea or trial.

You are absolutely right it was BALCO as the target but you have to agree that the pot of gold was Bonds. Outside of a small group of informed people who rally against doping the case was a side note in our history. People knew of the case because of Bonds and he was the prize. Yes it seems they are retooling to take the case back to court sometime in 2011. My original point was all of these convictions were for perjury and obstruction for the most part, with the exception of Conte who I think was also charged with laundering. My fear is LA has prepared for a long time for this trial, I doubt he will make the same mistakes Bonds and Thomas made and get caught in these lies. Unless his dumb bravado lands him in trouble. They have to show he defrauded the USPS by using contributions to the team to dope is my understanding from what I have read. We both know he doped, I have no idea if he's guilty of fraud in the sense that Novitzky can convict him.

I stand by my original statement, he will not do time. Maybe he cops a plea or pays a fine but he will not see a cell. That was our original disagreement for which I have saved the post.

I retract the following: Captain Stupid, shut in, feeble, fat, and ignorant. I maintain cynical and jaded, jk :D:D:D:D

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Rumor has it Lance will only be permitted to watch reruns of the 1986, 1989, 1990, 2009, and 2010 Tours de France.

Maybe 2007 is he's on good behavior.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL this was so facking funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So in the "Train" at night, Who will be the lead - out man and who will be the sprinter?:D

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
ManInFull said:
Lance is not going to prison. If we are lucky, every person with even half-a-brain will agree that he was a doper. That is more than enough for me.

Aww, now look what you have done! The muppet party was just in full swing and you have interuppted the flow of effluent...shame on you!:mad:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I am going to lock this thread as its frankly apalling and as has been said, do we really need ANOTHER Lance thread?

PM me if you want to discuss this decision.

regards,
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS