• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Wiggins Still Win the Giro?

Will Wiggins Still Win the Giro?

• He won't even try anymore and give up on one of the next stages.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Wiggins was the big favorite together with Nibali.

A lot of thought Wiggins was gonna this, now what?

He lost 1:30 in a classic stage in the rain. Bad day or bad form?

Should Froome be worried btw for the tour? Doubt that Froome will destroy him in the moutains.

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
If Sir Wiggo doesn't win the Giro it will be because an other rider is better than him uphill, not because he lost some time today

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Ferminal said:
I don't know :eek:

I know Nibali shouldn't be an even money favourite, though.

He didn't really look that good today.

Btw ferminal can you change the last option? Replace 'give in' with 'give up' if that's possible?

Thanks.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Roderick said:
If Sir Wiggo doesn't win the Giro it will be because an other rider is better than him uphill, not because he lost some time today

Well, he lost time today because a whole bunch of peopel were better than him uphill.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Roderick said:

Are you kidding me? The whole point of him riding this Giro was that he was supposed to take a huge advantage in the TT. He has ****ed away most of that.

I think people are making a mistake using last years mountain stages at the Tour as some sort of benchmark for the Giro.

Not to mention he looked weak all day.

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
PhiberAwptik said:
Are you kidding me? The whole point of him riding this Giro was that he was supposed to take a huge advantage in the TT. He has ****ed away most of that.

I think people are making a mistake using last years mountain stages at the Tour as some sort of benchmark for the Giro.

Not to mention he looked weak all day.

Yeah so? I'm not saying the opposite of you. I'm just saying that he is either gonna follow the best climbers and win the giro in the TT's (the 1.30 he lost today wont make an enormous difference since a good Sir should be able to take +- 3 mins in the TT's), or he is gonna get dropped uphill and he will lose more than 5 minutes. The Giro isn't going to be decided by less than one minute, so the time he lost today isn't so much of a deal

I copped out and took option 1 :)

If he gets his head together for tomorrow he can be 1 minute up at the end and have a legitimate chance to win. Unless it rains :D

But Ryder, Nibs and maybe Cadel and Samu won't just give him this race, so he better be on tomorrow.

I think everyone knows I want Lo Squalo to win so I hope Brad doesn't have the legs or mind tomorrow :)

no heart

i have always stated wiggo will not be winning this giro

his heart is not quite in it

look at nibali..............falls off / straight up and away

wiggo falls off.................sets off again...........slowly

is wiggo's love of the giro driven by sky tv being big in italy?

Mark L

Lance Armstrong ‏@lancearmstrong 1h
Heard the press room at the #Giro "cheered" when Wiggins crashed on a wet descent today. If true, that is completely f'd.

I'd like to see every 1 of those journos mount up and scream down a slick/steep downhill at upwards of 50 mph. Then we'll see who's cheering

jens_attacks said:
Heard the press room at the #Giro "cheered" when Wiggins crashed on a wet descent today. If true, that is completely f'd.

I'd like to see every 1 of those journos mount up and scream down a slick/steep downhill at upwards of 50 mph. Then we'll see who's cheering

If true then it really is pathetic.

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
If it was gonna be hard before today, it became a hell of a lot harder after today.

The worry isn't that he had a fall today, it's his whole attitude and body language all week, he doesn't seem either focussed or committed.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
jens_attacks said:

Never thought I'd find myself agreeing with Lance!

TRENDING THREADS