• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Windproof Mask

I used a knit 'balaclava helmet' when I commuted in winter. It worked fine but ice would collect around my mouth in freezing temperatures. I used snowmobile gloves, and wore winter boots. Area that seemed to get the coldest and most uncomfortable was groin ...
Coldest was -10F - and that was STUPID, luckily nothing froze and broke off the bike or ME.

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA

Re:

King Boonen said:
Where do you live and what temperatures do you have during winter? Also are you riding road or MTB?

I've never needed anything like that for temperatures that are actually ridable in.

If I needed something like that, I'd take the bus. Thin cap under the helmet to keep the ears warm is the most I'll wear.

TRENDING THREADS