• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Windy Mountain

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 9, 2015
See a bunch of bumped threads about Froome. Spawn of e assumes he must have placed high in a race or something....checks front page of CN. Yep. Clinic breaks out in hives. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Oct 16, 2010
Re: Motorised Bike

thehog said:
Stingray34 said:
thehog said:
sniper said:
Cycle Chic said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eiN2vfGKhk

at 2 minutes....I swear he has a motor in the bike....his acceleration is weird ! could also explain his knowing he'll never test positive in years to come. I,m serious.
Indeed it's an interesting slo-mo starting at ca. 1:55
Yes, at 2:00 he is playing with his bars. Di2 does have top bar button though. But knowing what we know now, it certainly looks very suspect.

So Vivax is killing both the Power data estimates thread and the Windy Mountain thread. Thank you, Vivax. We love you, Vivax. Pimp my ride, Vivax.

Actually, I change my position on this. Froome is fumbling on the bars but to change gears he goes to the lever itself. He was using a motor. Cheat.

yikes.

but i think we should look at semnoz :rolleyes:

sniper said:
thehog said:
Stingray34 said:
sniper said:
Cycle Chic said:

at 2 minutes....I swear he has a motor in the bike....his acceleration is weird ! could also explain his knowing he'll never test positive in years to come. I,m serious.
Yes, at 2:00 he is playing with his bars. Di2 does have top bar button though. But knowing what we know now, it certainly looks very suspect.

So Vivax is killing both the Power data estimates thread and the Windy Mountain thread. Thank you, Vivax. We love you, Vivax. Pimp my ride, Vivax.

Actually, I change my position on this. Froome is fumbling on the bars but to change gears he goes to the lever itself. He was using a motor. Cheat.

yikes.

but i think we should look at semnoz :rolleyes:
Just don't mention Ventoux. And if you have to, there was a tailwind, OK?!

Stingray34 said:
thehog said:
sniper said:
Cycle Chic said:

This thread needs to be revived ready for Thursday, will there be a tailwind, again? :lol:

Aug 2, 2012
...i feel the pertinent question is 'has UCI bike checks .......put a stop to

egg whisk style attacks....'

Mark L

Oct 16, 2010
from the twitter Q/A with Walsh (via @TeflonDub):

Q 13a. Froome time up Ventoux in 2013 same as Lance in 2002
Walsh: the variables matter, wind direction, distance and terrain that day before Ventoux, how fast peloton raced before the climb.
Q 13b. but why did these variables not matter when you were quoting Lance's times?
Walsh: *crickets*

Re:

sniper said:
from the twitter Q/A with Walsh (via @TeflonDub):

Q 13a. Froome time up Ventoux in 2013 same as Lance in 2002
Walsh: the variables matter, wind direction, distance and terrain that day before Ventoux, how fast peloton raced before the climb.
Q 13b. but why did these variables not matter when you were quoting Lance's times?
Walsh: *crickets*
More to the point; the Froome 2013 Ventoux stage was much longer (by 60k) was raced at record speed prior to hitting Ventoux and in the last week of the Tour. Armstrong's was shorter and in week two.

So, yes, I agree with Walsh the variables do matter which is why Froome's Ventoux was beyond absurd.

Oct 16, 2010
That's why I think Walsh loves twitter.
There's no chance to put those things to him thanks to the 140char terror.
And if he feels you're getting too hot, he'll block you in no time.

May 26, 2010
Re:

sniper said:
That's why I think Walsh loves twitter.
There's no chance to put those things to him thanks to the 140char terror.
And if he feels you're getting too hot, he'll block you in no time.
Yes then he can say he has addressed all these points in full and every one who disagrees is a troll.

Oct 16, 2010
thehog said:
Oh no! Tailwind! :lol:

ASO considering a change to tomorrow's finish on Mont Ventoux because of high winds. #TDF2016 
Gotta appreciate how the 'culture change' in procycling in the late 2000s and 2010s has brought about an entire climate change.
The chances of a tailwind have increased exponentially compared to the early and mid-2000s.

Apr 3, 2011
sniper said:
thehog said:
Oh no! Tailwind! :lol:

ASO considering a change to tomorrow's finish on Mont Ventoux because of high winds. #TDF2016 
Gotta appreciate how the 'culture change' in procycling in the late 2000s and 2010s has brought about an entire climate change.
The chances of a tailwind have increased exponentially compared to the early and mid-2000s.
blame those bloody global warming El Niño marginal hurricanes that always produce uphill zigzagging tailwinds (politically approved model by scientific consensus of 9 out of 10 Clinicologists)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts