• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Winter Training

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
As the temperature drops in these Northeastern United States I am looking for a good way to get fit for the colligate road season... Do you know of any good alternative workouts for those cold days when the weather prevents riding?

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
indoor rollers would be the best, any other activity will develop other muscle groups not used in cycling that will sap oxygen when you need it

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Laszlo said:
indoor rollers would be the best, any other activity will develop other muscle groups not used in cycling that will sap oxygen when you need it

Is this a generally accepted fact or your personal opinion? I don't think I've heard this before.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Specificity does apply, ie: if you want the best cycling form from winter you should cycle. Indoor trainers, rollers, track work will be best for improving or at the very least maintaining your cycling fitness.

Jun 15, 2009
www.swancoaching.com
Stair climber or step mill is a good cross training workout. But, getting in the miles outside on the bike is important so layer up, put on heavy big training tires and fenders on the bike.