• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Winter Wear for doggies

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Winter will soon be here in the northern hemisphere. And as it gives me cold toes, it makes my dog's toes cold too.

I'm hoping someone here has some knowledge of good resources to find quality winter clothes for dogs. My dog has very short hair, and even less hair on her feet.

I like to take her out snowshoeing with me, or just on walks but she freezes.
I've looked for stuff at Petco, but it's crap.

I need good booties that keep out the snow, and a built-to-last semi-insulated waterproof jacket for her.

Anyone?

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
i love a good hound. those sled dogs are true athletes crazy i love hounds sorry no advice on dog shoes but i love a good dog so had to post.;)

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
forty four said:
i love a good hound. those sled dogs are true athletes crazy i love hounds sorry no advice on dog shoes but i love a good dog so had to post.;)

Thanks 44. I love a good hound too!

But my dog isn't a hound, she's a Pit Bull (although I've been told by two Staffordshire Terrier experts that she is actually a Staffordshire Terrier...but I still call her a Pit Bull just because it sounds meaner...).

Where I live, a "sled dog" (Malamute, Huskie) type would be perfect but unfortunately they tend to eat cats. I have two cats, and I'd like them not to be eaten by the family dog. Luckily my "Pit Bull" is afraid of my cats.

And again, if anyone has any info on good quality doggie winter wear, I'd be really grateful.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
http://www.ruffwear.com/

4291.jpg
RuffWearPolarTrexWinterBootSideFW10.jpg