• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

World Champs Road Race problem.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They could just reroute over a harder climb from Grinton

EAvnATCW4AA7BTS

Re:

SafeBet said:
I don't know the logistics of the area but this looks bad for the race. Please post updates.

It's nothing. They have several options to re-route the race. Plus, it only effects the Men's Elite race.

The Military use a lot of the land around it and are stationed very close so they will help out. They will get something done about it. It's not a show stopper at all.

Part of the road collapsed near by several years ago and because it's a key road they got it sorted quickly. Unlike Tadcaster where a bridge had to be rebuilt it took about 3 years to do.

Re: Re:

armchairclimber said:
glassmoon said:
del1962 said:
They could just reroute over a harder climb from Grinton

snip

We know that's not gonna happen. :eek:

It might ... it's not that much harder, if at all. The road is a little narrow though.
Hargill Lane is pretty rolling from what I remember, might actually be a little easier than Grinton Moor in terms of gradient? It's also extremely exposed so could add some excitement that way.

However, there's a nasty cattle grid where Apedale Road joins it on that left hand bend that could be quite dangerous and the way I think you've suggested to get to Sissy bank/Scarth Nick around Castle Bolton is a dirt track/gravel road and may not be in a rideable state.

Could certainly make an interesting change if they can sort it out though.

I agree with MartinGT though. A lot of the land on the north side of Whipperdale Bank is an MOD firing range and it's likely they'll either get the road sorted quickly or have a temporary bridge in place soon.

King Boonen said:
MartinGT said:
You can drop into Redmire and go up Sissy Bank then onto Leyburn no bother

Yeah, but residents in that area haven't been told and I'm unsure on the laws. It's going to affect Redmire, Low bolton and Preston-Under-Scar. I think there is a required period of notification.

Good point that. Plus when you drop into Redmire, it's all windy roads. Nothing too logistical really as tractors don't have any issues.

MartinGT said:
King Boonen said:
MartinGT said:

Yeah, but residents in that area haven't been told and I'm unsure on the laws. It's going to affect Redmire, Low bolton and Preston-Under-Scar. I think there is a required period of notification.

Good point that. Plus when you drop into Redmire, it's all windy roads. Nothing too logistical really as tractors don't have any issues.

"Windy" as in "lot's of turns"?
Thought it was "lot's of wind", and was a little confused why wind would cause issues for tractors...

RedheadDane said:
MartinGT said:
King Boonen said:
MartinGT said:

"Windy" as in "lot's of turns"?
Thought it was "lot's of wind", and was a little confused why wind would cause issues for tractors...

If it's windy enough they could topple.

RedheadDane said:
I thought it said "Just divert from the Daleks…" :lol:
I mean, generally speaking, avoiding Daleks is a good idea…

I had to look that up:

The Daleks are a fictional extraterrestrial race of mutants...an emotionless "master race" bent on universal conquest and domination, utterly without pity, compassion or remorse.

Sounds like a good description of Ineos.

Merckx index said:
RedheadDane said:

I had to look that up:

The Daleks are a fictional extraterrestrial race of mutants...an emotionless "master race" bent on universal conquest and domination, utterly without pity, compassion or remorse.

Didn't realize there are people who haven't watched Doctor Who. So here's a picture of what Dalek's look like:

daleks-doctor-who-experience.jpg

Merckx index said:
RedheadDane said:

I had to look that up:

EXTERMINATE Tibopino!

TRENDING THREADS