• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

World Cup #1 October 4th

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Any predictions?

I think it'll be:

Albert
Stybar
Nys

Maybe not in that order...

Is it the same course they had the Worlds at?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Should be the same course as the worlds.
So far Albert seems to be the 'new Nys' although I think he had an amazing start last year and Nys usually becomes better during the season.

My guess for tomorrow:
1. Albert
2. Stybar
3. Al

Agree with you on the #1 & #2. Hope Al will be a contender in some big races this season.

Sporza is broadcasting live if I'm not mistaking. So if you have that option, tune in to Belgium 2 :)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Albert blasted away in the second round, Nys not able to get into his wheel.
He also just made a mistake on the climb and had to put his foot down, but he was already so far ahead that it didn't even matter.
This is gonna be a looooooooong season ;)

i think albert is going to dominate this year similar to how nys dominated in the past

i'm seeing a couple of world cup wins, belgian national title and world title...and the start of a dominant run in cyclo-cross for years to come

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
aarnold517 said:
i think albert is going to dominate this year similar to how nys dominated in the past

i'm seeing a couple of world cup wins, belgian national title and world title...and the start of a dominant run in cyclo-cross for years to come

Very cool, looking great so far. Keep going, I wanna see it finished! :);)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Wow! That was a great performance! 4-0 on the season thus far is pretty good for Albert.

I don't think Nys wants another WC crown, I think he only wants a World Championship this season.

I hope Boom can come back and at least challenge Niels for half of a race, I need a little more excitement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts