• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

World Politics

Page 769 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

blutto said:
....and now onto the war on another front, the BRICS front....

Washington is behind this coup because only a year ago secret talks between the IMF, the World Bank and the current coup organizers were held. Brazil is going to be handed over first to the IMF which will make sure that the austerity program is implemented like in Greece

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/latam/20160901/1044866432/brazil-coup-washington-involvement.html

Cheers

Leaving aside the source, and the crazy person quoted inside (seriously, read some of Koenigs's other ***), there are 2 immediate problems with the IMF austerity conspiracy

1. The debt level while ballooning because of the previous government failure should be sustainable until at least 2018 so it's unlikely that any lender could impose anything

2. Even if somebody was to impose an austerity program, there is a tiny problem of most government spending being mandated by constitution and another tiny problem of limits being set to cuts in the small part of the spending that is discretionary.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

roundabout said:
blutto said:
....and now onto the war on another front, the BRICS front....

Washington is behind this coup because only a year ago secret talks between the IMF, the World Bank and the current coup organizers were held. Brazil is going to be handed over first to the IMF which will make sure that the austerity program is implemented like in Greece

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/latam/20160901/1044866432/brazil-coup-washington-involvement.html

Cheers

Leaving aside the source, and the crazy person quoted inside (seriously, read some of Koenigs's other ****), there are 2 immediate problems with the IMF austerity conspiracy

1. The debt level while ballooning because of the previous government failure should be sustainable until at least 2018 so it's unlikely that any lender could impose anything

2. Even if somebody was to impose an austerity program, there is a tiny problem of most government spending being mandated by constitution and another tiny problem of limits being set to cuts in the small part of the spending that is discretionary.

...we'll see...

Cheers

King Boonen said:
I heard Tim Cook on 5Live this morning saying they had done nothing wrong, I'm very interested to see how this plays out. I think the ruling is correct, this must have other companies worried and Ireland must also be worried.
Big compagnies think they are above the rules.
This needs to stop, as it is against the basis of capitalism. They already have all the advantages that come with size, they then should pay the same as all those small businesses - which are by and far the largest jobs providers.

0.005% taxes and calling that fair. These guys must really live in a parallel universe.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site

Jagartrott said:
King Boonen said:
I heard Tim Cook on 5Live this morning saying they had done nothing wrong, I'm very interested to see how this plays out. I think the ruling is correct, this must have other companies worried and Ireland must also be worried.
This needs to stop, as it is against the basis of capitalism. They already have all the advantages that come with size, they then should pay the same as all those small businesses - which are by and far the largest jobs providers.

0.005% taxes and calling that fair. These guys must really live in a parallel universe.

...they have been for quite a while now....and may I add doing quite well there...

Cheers

Jagartrott said:
King Boonen said:

Yeah, it's insane. I'm hoping it gets enforced, we'll have to wait and see.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site

King Boonen said:
Jagartrott said:
King Boonen said:

....yeah it doesn't make sense but it is not insane , that right there is the magic of the market place at work...

Cheers

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
....about time....

French prosecutor requests criminal trial for Sarkozy

Source: Associated Press

French prosecutor requests criminal trial for Sarkozy
Sep 5, 5:11 AM EDT

PARIS (AP) -- A Paris prosecutor has requested a criminal trial for former President Nicolas Sarkozy over suspected illegal overspending on his failed 2012 re-election campaign.

The Paris prosecutor's office said Monday it has asked investigating judges to send Sarkozy and 13 others to court in the case. It's now up to the judges to decide whether Sarkozy must stand trial.

Sarkozy announced his bid for next year's presidential election last month and faces a primary in November against a dozen other conservative candidates.

In February, the judges handed Sarkozy preliminary charges of alleged illegal campaign financing over an invoice system his party and a company named Bygmalion allegedly used to conceal unauthorized overspending

Read more: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_FRANCE_SARKOZY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-09-05-05-11-10

Cheers

blutto said:
King Boonen said:
Jagartrott said:
King Boonen said:

....yeah it doesn't make sense but it is not insane , that right there is the magic of the market place at work...

Cheers

Yes, a bit of artistic licence on my part, which is massively depressing in and of itself.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
..those extrajudicial killings are a 'good thing' when the beacon of goodness commits them from the sky and a subject for lecturing on human rights when the beacon decides so...

http://news.trust.org/item/20160906033413-zykf7/
Duterte has bristled repeatedly at criticism over his "war on drugs", which has killed about 2,400 people since he took office two months ago, and on Monday said it would be "rude" for Obama to raise the question of human rights when they met. Such a conversation, Duterte told reporters, would prompt him to curse at Obama, using a Filipino phrase "putang ina" which can mean "son of a ***" or "son of a whore".

all these little 3d world leaders should be sent to a law school :rolleyes: and perhaps a british manners uni too :surprised:

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re:

python said:
..those extrajudicial killings are a 'good thing' when the beacon of goodness commits them from the sky and a subject for lecturing on human rights when the beacon decides so...

http://news.trust.org/item/20160906033413-zykf7/
Duterte has bristled repeatedly at criticism over his "war on drugs", which has killed about 2,400 people since he took office two months ago, and on Monday said it would be "rude" for Obama to raise the question of human rights when they met. Such a conversation, Duterte told reporters, would prompt him to curse at Obama, using a Filipino phrase "putang ina" which can mean "son of a ***" or "son of a whore".

all these little 3d world leaders should be sent to a law school :rolleyes: and perhaps a british manners uni too :surprised:

...yep...President Drone tries to gain the moral high ground and hypocrisy detection meters redline ( at least with people with two functional brain cells, a sense of humour and their heads not buried in the sand )....

Cheers

Jagartrott said:
King Boonen said:

They will get taxed on the rest should those profits be ever repatriated.

More malfeasance by the Syrian gov't against its own people.
Around 80 Syrians were treated at a local hospital in Aleppo on Tuesday for the aftereffects of a chlorine attack perpetrated by the Syrian government. Among those injured in the attack were women and children.“Symptoms included dyspnea (difficulty breathing), dry coughing, and vomiting,” the Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS) said in a statement. “Among the victims, 10 were critically injured, including a pregnant woman in her last trimester.”

https://thinkprogress.org/assad-chlorine-attack-3b3f7e6bb8c7#.ydiourew2

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re:

djpbaltimore said:
Around 80 Syrians were treated at a local hospital in Aleppo on Tuesday for the aftereffects of a chlorine attack perpetrated by the Syrian government. Among those injured in the attack were women and children.“Symptoms included dyspnea (difficulty breathing), dry coughing, and vomiting,” the Syrian American Medical Society (SAMS) said in a statement. “Among the victims, 10 were critically injured, including a pregnant woman in her last trimester.”

....an article which relies heavily on the following....please note the word fraudulent...in fact the fraudulent is so obvious even the NYT has to acknowledge it.....

The NYT admits fraudulent Syrian human rights group is UK-based “one-man band” funded by EU and one other “European country.”

In reality, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has long ago been exposed as an absurd propaganda front operated by Rami Abdul Rahman out of his house in England’s countryside. According to a December 2011 Reuters article titled, “Coventry – an unlikely home to prominent Syria activist,” Abdul Rahman admits he is a member of the so-called “Syrian opposition” and seeks the ouster of Syrian President Bashar Al Assad:

One could not fathom a more unreliable, compromised, biased source of information, yet for the past two years, his “Observatory” has served as the sole source of information for the endless torrent of propaganda emanating from the Western media. Perhaps worst of all, is that the United Nations uses this compromised, absurdly overt source of propaganda as the basis for its various reports – at least, that is what the New York Times now claims in their recent article, “A Very Busy Man Behind the Syrian Civil War’s Casualty Count.”

The NYT piece admits:

Military analysts in Washington follow its body counts of Syrian and rebel soldiers to gauge the course of the war. The United Nations and human rights organizations scour its descriptions of civilian killings for evidence in possible war crimes trials. Major news organizations, including this one, cite its casualty figures.

Yet, despite its central role in the savage civil war, the grandly named Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is virtually a one-man band. Its founder, Rami Abdul Rahman, 42, who fled Syria 13 years ago, operates out of a semidetached red-brick house on an ordinary residential street in this drab industrial city [Coventry, England].

The New York Times also for the first time reveals that Abdul Rahman’s operation is indeed funded by the European Union and a “European country” he refuses to identify:

Money from two dress shops covers his minimal needs for reporting on the conflict, along with small subsidies from the European Union and one European country that he declines to identify

Abdul Rahman is not a “human rights activist.” He is a paid propagandist. He is no different than the troupe of unsavory, willful liars and traitors provided refuge in Washington and London during the Iraq war and the West’s more recent debauchery in Libya, for the sole purpose of supplying Western governments with a constant din of propaganda and intentionally falsified intelligence reports designed specifically to justify the West’s hegemonic designs.

Abdul Rahman’s contemporaries include the notorious Iraqi defector Rafid al-Janabi, codename “Curveball,” who now gloats publicly that he invented accusations of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, the West’s casus belli for a 10 year war that ultimately cost over a million lives, including thousands of Western troops, and has left Iraq still to this day in shambles. There’s also the lesser known Dr. Sliman Bouchuiguir of Libya, who formed the foundation of the pro-West human rights racket in Benghazi and now openly brags in retrospect that tales of Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi’s atrocities against the Libyan people were likewise invented to give NATO its sought-after impetus to intervene militarily

Cheers

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site

blutto said:
djpbaltimore said:

....an article which relies heavily on the following....please note the word fraudulent...in fact the fraudulent is so obvious even the NYT has to acknowledge it.....

The NYT admits fraudulent Syrian human rights group is UK-based “one-man band” funded by EU and one other “European country.”

In reality, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has long ago been exposed as an absurd propaganda front operated by Rami Abdul Rahman out of his house in England’s countryside. According to a December 2011 Reuters article titled, “Coventry – an unlikely home to prominent Syria activist,” Abdul Rahman admits he is a member of the so-called “Syrian opposition” and seeks the ouster of Syrian President Bashar Al Assad:

Cheers
spot on, blutto !

perhaps some of my posts (where i tried to objectively evaluate the human right observatory) got burred, but i did try using the alternative sources....this group is an obvious fraud once a concerned reader takes time to look into the timing, relative content and the remarkable 'accuracy' of body counts mere minutes after the events.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

djpbaltimore said:

"I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude."

roundabout said:
Jagartrott said:
King Boonen said:

They will get taxed on the rest should those profits be ever repatriated.

And why would we care about that?

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re:

djpbaltimore said:
Are you denying that Syrians under Assad have used the chemical weapons? Whether a source is biased or not does not obviate the main point that the Assad regime is using some pretty nasty tactics against their own people. That has been reported by multiple sources.

....the main accusations, the ones that got big coverage, have been disproved....the sarin missile attacks, for instance, were in the end tied to opposition groups using materials from people backing the opposition...

....see Seymour Hersh on this.....and look who's fingerprints are all over this file....Killary, oooh, such a surprise...gee thanks for bringing this up because I had forgotten the Killary connection....she's your rave fave ain't she....and she does sarin, gee how cool is that....that must really make you feel good backing her as fervently as you do...you should have stuck to playing around with progressivism, at least there you were making some progress....

Seymour Hersh Says Hillary Approved Sending Libya’s Sarin to Syrian Rebels

The great investigative journalist Seymour Hersh, in two previous articles in the London Review of Books («Whose Sarin?» and «The Red Line and the Rat Line») has reported that the Obama Administration falsely blamed the government of Syria’s Bashar al-Assad for the sarin gas attack that Obama was trying to use as an excuse to invade Syria; and Hersh pointed to a report from British intelligence saying that the sarin that was used didn’t come from Assad’s stockpiles. Hersh also said that a secret agreement in 2012 was reached between the Obama Administration and the leaders of Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar, to set up a sarin gas attack and blame it on Assad so that the US could invade and overthrow Assad. «By the terms of the agreement, funding came from Turkey, as well as Saudi Arabia and Qatar; the CIA, with the support of MI6, was responsible for getting arms from Gaddafi’s arsenals into Syria».

http://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2016/04/28/seymour-hersh-hillary-approved-sending-libya-sarin-syrian-rebels.html

Cheers

That is not the question that I asked. Do you deny that the Assad regime has used chemical weapons on its own people? Yes or no will suffice.....

Hersh is wrong. In addition to the numerous technical reasons that point to serious analytical flaws, the situation on the ground in Turkey does not support the article’s central arguments. While I heard some very wild conspiracy theories when I lived in Turkey, Hersh’s latest tops them all.

http://www.armscontrolwonk.com/archive/604329/turkeys-syria-policy-why-seymour-hersh-got-it-wrong/

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
President Obama said it is game on if they done something like that. So it must not have happened yet. Otherwise we would be in there dropping bombs and such. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR oh wait.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Re:

djpbaltimore said:
That is not the question that I asked. Do you deny that the Assad regime has used chemical weapons on its own people? Yes or no will suffice.....

Hersh is wrong. In addition to the numerous technical reasons that point to serious analytical flaws, the situation on the ground in Turkey does not support the article’s central arguments. While I heard some very wild conspiracy theories when I lived in Turkey, Hersh’s latest tops them all.

http://www.armscontrolwonk.com/archive/604329/turkeys-syria-policy-why-seymour-hersh-got-it-wrong/

....so the following didn't happen....and subsequent changing of the original official story didn''t happen ...in fact nothing happened....and Syria is enjoying peace and prosperity as we speak....

The Ghouta chemical attack occurred in Ghouta, Syria, during the Syrian Civil War in the early hours of 21 August 2013. Two opposition-controlled areas in the suburbs around Damascus, Syria were struck by rockets containing the chemical agent sarin. Estimates of the death toll range from at least 281 people[2] to 1,729.[13] The attack was the deadliest use of chemical weapons since the Iran–Iraq War.[14][15][16]

Inspectors from the United Nations Mission already in Syria to investigate an earlier alleged chemical weapons attack,[17](p6)[18] requested access to sites in Ghouta the day after the attack,[19][20][21][22][23][21] and called for a ceasefire to allow inspectors to visit the Ghouta sites.[19] The Syrian government granted the UN's request on 25 August,[24][25][26] and inspectors visited and investigated Moadamiyah in Western Ghouta the next day, and Zamalka and Ein Tarma in Eastern Ghouta on 28 and 29 August.[17](p6)[27][28]

The UN investigation team confirmed "clear and convincing evidence" of the use of sarin delivered by surface-to-surface rockets,[17][29] and a 2014 report by the UN Human Rights Council found that "significant quantities of sarin were used in a well-planned indiscriminate attack targeting civilian-inhabited areas, causing mass casualties.

....as for your call for a simple yes or no...frankly I couldn't say one way or the other...the fighting encompasses literally hundreds of different factions who appear, disappear, have alliances, and change alliances....

...and that article you provided...I stopped about a word or two after bellingcat's name was mentioned....there is just something about one blogger blogging away in his basement in his pajamas leveraging his story on another blogger in his pajamas that just doesn't cut the mustard with me....so 'nother F and you really should be laughed out of the room this time , that was simply terrible ( rule of thumb for future reference....anytime bellingcat is used to backstop anything.....run away at top speed....he is the political equivalent of David Icke...yeah it sorta makes sense in a real quick drive-by kinda way but suddenly you're talking shape shifting trans-dimensional lizard creatures...and Hillary is just a sweetheart that really cares about the little people....)...

....me I think I'll stick with Hersh, he probably doesn't do all his work in his pajamas, like he actually leaves the house on a regular basis and goes into the field and stuff....and like your boy Postel he has some prestigious hardware to speak to his credibility....

Cheers

Having hardware doesn't mean that a person always gets it right. And in this case, there are a lot of red flags about the story.

Thus, in order to believe Hersh’s recounting of events, one would have to assume that MIT was able to produce Sarin (no easy feat), manufacture/procure Russian origin rockets, modify them to look like the volcano rockets already in use with Assad’s forces, and then smuggle them into Damascus – and, in addition, Prime Minister Erdogan would have had to authorize the attack, and thereby sign off on the killing of hundreds of Syrians.

Status
Not open for further replies.