• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Worlds: evaluation of the favorites.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Praetor said:
I think Gerrans and Valverde are smarter than that. They're not just going to bring Sagan back to get beaten in a sprint and I don't think they are riders who are racing with a "oh well, at least I have a shot at a medal this way" attitude, they wanna win and they have do ditch Sagan to do that. Failing that, they will let Sagan close the gap to Gilbert by himself.

Yes, of course I did not think about that at all :eek:

My point was that I think Sagan does not have the form to arrive on top of the Cauberg with the best, but might still win the sprint if it all comes together.

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Panda Claws said:
My point was that I think Sagan does not have the form to arrive on top of the Cauberg with the best, but might still win the sprint if it all comes together.

Even then I doubt Sagan will be the only one to come back and I think there will be others who are faster after a race like this. Freire for example. In spite of all his successes, Sagan has won a surprisingly small amount of one day races.

Praetor said:
Even then I doubt Sagan will be the only one to come back and I think there will be others who are faster after a race like this. Freire for example. In spite of all his successes, Sagan has won a surprisingly small amount of one day races.

I checked his results (since Liquigas) on CQ-ranking and these are his wins in one day races:

2 x Slovakia RR (I think he actually didn't win one of them as a Czech guy was ahead)
GP Industria & Commercio di Prato

Not much to brag about but seeing him this spring tells me the situation will be very different in a couple of years.

TRENDING THREADS