• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Worlds ITT: the favorite?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

WC ITT Favorite?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
how is that saying he's the best here? there were 5 other guys involved :rolleyes:

All of them said Tony Martin was the big engine and that it's thanks to him they won. Boonen was suffering like hell behind Tony Martin. Taking all the wind because Tony's so aerodynamic on his TT bike.

The entire QS squad has been focusing a lot more on training with their TT bikes this year and they all say it's because Martin came to the team. He might not have the best results this year, but they're very happy with Tony at QS.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
All of them said Tony Martin was the big engine and that it's thanks to him they won. Boonen was suffering like hell behind Tony Martin. Taking all the wind because Tony's so aerodynamic on his TT bike.

The entire QS squad has been focusing a lot more on training with their TT bikes this year and they all say it's because Martin came to the team. He might not have the best results this year, but they're very happy with Tony at QS.

So what? Doesn't mean much, I bet Boonen would suffer also behind Contador's wheel. And what else would a teammate say?

There's a big difference in doing a TTT and ITT. Look at Boonen. It doesn't show us that Martin is 100% at all.

Miburo said:
So Vandewalle is a favorite to win now? And Chavanel too?

A shame Boonen won't participate :eek:
You're funny. Learn this, Martin is the current world champion, Contador is not a world class TTer like Martin, Wiggins or Cancellara. So Martin has few minutes to spare with Contador's time, even though he's not is top form (as you claim). Capito? :D

cineteq said:
You're funny. Learn this, Martin is the current world champion, Contador is not a world class TTer like Martin, Wiggins or Cancellara. So Martin has few minutes to spare with Contador's time, even though he's not is top form (as you claim). Capito? :D
And yet Bert have shown more in his career in TTing, than Wiggins :rolleyes:

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
cineteq said:
You're funny. Learn this, Martin is the current world champion, Contador is not a world class TTer like Martin, Wiggins or Cancellara. So Martin has few minutes to spare with Contador's time, even though he's not is top form (as you clain). Capito? :D

Of course not in a flat TT, but since when is this a flat TT?

2009 Annecy, I rest my case.

Btw Wiggins, Canc and Martin rode that TT ;)

Miburo said:
Of course not in a flat TT, but since when is this a flat TT?

2009 Annecy, I rest my case.
Rest in peace. :D This was 3 years ago. Think again, are you sure you want to discuss Contador's 2009 TdF performance in this forum?

Netserk said:
And yet Bert have shown more in his career in TTing, than Wiggins :rolleyes:
I was using Wiggins a filler, to show Martin should win this with his eyes closed. :)

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
cineteq said:
Rest in peace. :D This was 3 years ago. Think again, are you sure you want to discuss Contador's 2009 TdF performance in this forum?

I was using Wiggins a filler, to show Martin should win this with his eyes closed. :)

I guess Martin had his eyes closed and hands tied behind his back in the Vuelta TT, right? And the Vuelta was barely 3 weeks ago.