• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Worlds Team Time trial Race Thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking, is it feasible for ITT stars like Martin to go full-gas today as well? It should be, being just two one-day events, it's not like going at the max every stage of a GT.

PS: It's pretty funny how he pronounces "AG2R" (half English and half French).

Dekker_Tifosi said:
That's absolutely true.

North-Holland and South-Holland are both provinces of the Netherlands. So when people, even Dutch people, refer to Holland as a country, they are actually wrong. It's only 2 provinces that = holland

edit: Liquigas crushing at the first split...
They're not wrong. "Holland" in English doesn't necessarily mean the same as "Holland" in Dutch, that's all. It's no different from "Germany" being "Saksa" in Finnish or "Allemagne" in French.

Cancellator said:
I was thinking, is it feasible for ITT stars like Martin to go full-gas today as well? It should be, being just two one-day events, it's not like going at the max every stage of a GT.

PS: It's pretty funny how he pronounces "AG2R" (half English and half French).
Yeah, I noticed that too. He is also very proud of his Dutch 'r' sound which he uses for every non-English name. Spanish, Italian, Polish, Swiss, doesn't matter, they all get the Dutch 'r'. But Anglo riders get the English 'r'.