• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Worlds: your favourite.

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

WORLDS: YOUR FAVOURITE?

• KAZAJSTAN/OTHER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
Isn't gilbert also pretty fast in sprints?
He should not be underestimated.

Yeah of course he is. I think on flat sprints he's pretty much even with Valverde. Purito is slower than both of them on the flat.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Panda Claws said:
Gilbert sprints faster than Valverde.

Maybe in 2011 mode,but with form they have nowadays I dont think so_Of course it depends on tactics.Both are excelent in tactics,but who is better?:confused:

btw.is there slightly uphill finish or what?About 3% or more?

May 2, 2010
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Maybe in 2011 mode,but with form they have nowadays I dont think so_Of course it depends on tactics.Both are excelent in tactics,but who is better?:confused:

Yeah. And is there a DETAILED map of the circuit already available? I mean gradients and stuff. Cheers people.

sartoris said:
Yeah. And is there a DETAILED map of the circuit already available? I mean gradients and stuff. Cheers people.

The most detailed stuff is this I think

02_wegcircuit_ENG.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
ILovecycling said:

Valverde was 6th in a flat sprint on the final stage of this years Vuelta, in 2011 Gilbert was 2nd to Cav on stage 5 of the tour, and 7th on stage 6. I'd say when in really good form (like 2011) Gilbert beats Valverde in a flat sprint. At this point though I would say they are about equal.

Afrank said:
Valverde was 6th in a flat sprint on the final stage of this years Vuelta, in 2011 Gilbert was 2nd to Cav on stage 5 of the tour, and 7th on stage 6. I'd say when in really good form (like 2011) Gilbert beats Valverde in a flat sprint. At this point though I would say they are about equal.

The one vs cav was an uphil sprint.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
The one vs cav was an uphil sprint.

Valverde wasn't sprinting against nearly as strong a field in the vuelta's final stage as Gilbert was in that tour, so I'd still say their about equal in sprinting on the flat.

Parrulo said:
it wouldn't surprise me to see spanish and belgium watching each other too much while some1 from another nation rides into the sunset and gets the win.

They should be wary of Gerrans and Kolobnev.

Gilbert is surely the favourite. He's getting in to form at the right time.

I would like to see a podium of Gilbert, Valverde and Gerrans in that order.

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Peter Velits

What you think about chances of Peter Velits. His role will be to support Sagan, but he could survive until last lap in the main favourites group and then show something.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
TatryTour2013 said:
What you think about chances of Peter Velits. His role will be to support Sagan, but he could survive until last lap in the main favourites group and then show something.

His role will be to support Boonen. :D

TRENDING THREADS