• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Worlds: your favourite.

WORLDS: YOUR FAVOURITE?

• KAZAJSTAN/OTHER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
May 2, 2010
Visit site
Which country is your favorite for these Worlds' Elite Men Road Race? Even without Luis León, I think Spain has a strong chance. If Evens did it, why can't Contador do it too? :)

There were only 10 poll options, so sorry about those considering Colombia, Norway, etc...

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
sartoris said:
Which country is your favorite for these Worlds' Elite Men Road Race? Even without Luis León, I think Spain has a strong chance. If Evens did it, why can't Contador do it too? :)

There were only 10 poll options, so sorry about those considering Colombia, Norway, etc...

Freire, Valverde or Purito are better options for Spain. I guess Contador will be a helper

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I went with Spain though they always seem to spit the bit (08 Olympics aside) despite the embarrasment of riches: Freiere, Valverde, Purito, Sanchez x2, Contador ...
I tried to think of a likely Italian winner but couldn't. Belgium seems to predictable with Gilbert or Boonen. Beware the Aussies and Gerrans in a small group.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Forunculo said:
Freire, Valverde or Purito are better options for Spain. I guess Contador will be a helper

I think you have the team right, but I would not count out Berto. 10 times up the Cauberg I think will be too much for the sprinters at that distance.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The 2 big favorites by far are Belgium and Spain. No question about it.

Spain should win though, they've 4,5 guys who can legit win.

Btw is the spanish selection already made public?

EDIT: i've the found the names

Alberto Contador (SaxoBank), Oscar Freire, Dani Moreno and Joaquim Rodriguez (Katusha), Jonathan Castroviejo, Pablo Lastras en Alejandro Valverde (Movistar), Juan Antonio Flecha (Sky) and Samuel Sanchez (Euskaltel-Euskadi) (KAV)

Sami is in it, **** yeah !!! But wtf no LLS, why is that? He should be always in this selection, out of shape or what?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
There seems to be no explanation in why LLS is not in the selection.

If there isn't any it's ****ing retared, he should be always in it. What are they thinking?

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Miburo said:
There seems to be no explanation in why LLS is not in the selection.

If there isn't any it's ****ing retared, he should be always in it. What are they thinking?

maybe he asked not to be selected. He's had a very heavy season after all.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Voted for Spain but expecting it to be, like many on this forum, Spain vs Belgium. Other nations have good riders too but not as many who can actually win.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
maltiv said:
He was pretty rubbish in Canada, might be exhausted after a long season.

Oh could be, but this might have been his chance to win. But ok if he has no shape anymore it's no use obviously

TRENDING THREADS