• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Would you go on a training ride with Lance A. ?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Fester said:
Yes. mountain biking, then I could kill him and bury him in the woods. I'd say I dropped him and am not sure where he got to; :confused:.

I not sure how fast you are but if anything died in the woods it would probably be you..just look at his Leadville times..even you alibi starts out as a fairy tale

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
fatandfast said:
I not sure how fast you are but if anything died in the woods it would probably be you..just look at his Leadville times..even you alibi starts out as a fairy tale

Sorry, I'm only trying to keep up appearances... You gotta hate Lance.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Jancouver said:
I would ride with him. I mean, if he shows up for one of my training rides I wouldnt care. Same way I do not care if any other Pro is part of my group ride. After all his teammate Chris Horner is regular at one of my weekly rides.

Horner's a nice guy. He only is competitive on the climbs because he likes the extra waiting time to fire up some California glaucoma cleanser...makes the descents more fun. I can't see Lance doing any of that.

stainlessguy1 said:
I am curious to know , given the extreem opposition i have received in recent posts , considering what Lance is going thru with his career , would you as a cyclist go on a training ride with Lance ?
I am not talking paying to ride with him , just cyclist to cyclist , just as we all sometimes meet other cyclists on the road and ride together for a while .
Would you ride with Lance ? :cool:

No, thanks.

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'd organise a bunch of mates, let LA ride up the road a bit, then bridge across to him so he ain't going anywhere, then drop back to my mates making zip-it signs and then we'd all laugh at him.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Nederick said:
I'd organise a bunch of mates, let LA ride up the road a bit, then bridge across to him so he ain't going anywhere, then drop back to my mates making zip-it signs and then we'd all laugh at him.

How much training do "You and your mates do". You do realize that playing with Lance is like when the punjabi boys decided it would be fun to prod the siberian tiger at SF zoo. A few years ago the boys decided it would be fun to taunt the tiger(after some bong hits and draining a bottle of grey goose.

The tiger cleared a 10 foot moat and leapt a 20 foot concrete wall and pranced over a cyclone fence. GRR!

Sadly the tiger was shot by the police.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Nederick said:
Well to be fair, I'd have to get on some sort of program first. I admit I couldn't manage that riding clean.

I like Lance but I do not think he would be a fun guy to ride with for many reasons. I rode with some Rabobank guys and they are totally engaging and friendly. Lance, well he is on his own Planet Lance.

Also I think he might be a little out of my league. Ulrich and Kloeden, those guys I would like to ride with and hang out with.....

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
How much training do "You and your mates do". You do realize that playing with Lance is like when the punjabi boys decided it would be fun to prod the siberian tiger at SF zoo. A few years ago the boys decided it would be fun to taunt the tiger(after some bong hits and draining a bottle of grey goose.

The tiger cleared a 10 foot moat and leapt a 20 foot concrete wall and pranced over a cyclone fence. GRR!

Sadly the tiger was shot by the police.

Are you deliberately comparing lance to an endangered species being hunted to near extinction!

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
If we meet on the road I definitely would. But then again, I'm good at casual talking with all types of people.

I'm not saying you're biased if you tell him to stay on the other side of the road, or try to push him into the ditch. I can only speek for one mind.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
simo1733 said:
Are you deliberately comparing lance to an endangered species being hunted to near extinction!

Yes Lance like Tatiana(the Tiger) are being hunted out of existence. I hear they are still breeding, hidden near Chernobyl.

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
sublimit said:
Same here, The guy that booed Lance is cool, and I'd rather go for a training ride with somebody like that anyday day of the week.

If I had the choice of a training spin with somebody from the world of pro cycle racing it would be Greame obree or Robert Millar and definatley not Lance.

been on a training ride once with robert milar
i think i managed to **** him off too ;)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Fester said:
Yes. mountain biking, then I could kill him and bury him in the woods. I'd say I dropped him and am not sure where he got to; :confused:.

bicycles_rule said:
sure, i like cycling and enjoy company on my rides.

LOL! I just love the contrast between those two consecutive posts.
It's like putting a serial killer and a holistic therapist in the same room together. :D

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
let me see if I get this straight from some of you.

you are out riding and training and LA pulls up. rather than sitting in and riding, testing your fitness, learning something or at least adding an epic journey to the short list of memorable rides, you take the self called moral high road so you can beat your chest here, kneel and bob, and resume telling each other how great you all are on the internet?

I hope dude who suggests he would take him into a ditch was sarcastic. please

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
of course that won't happen.
they are warriors of the internet,face to face they shiit themselves.like that pricc in tour of luxembourg last year.
"-booooooooooooooooooooo
-come and say it right in my face
-ok time to run the fucc away"

EXACTLY .......

Of course Id go on a ride ...... why the @#$! not ??

Went on last years twitter ride in Adelaide and loved it ... will do again this year as well.. :eek:

Get over it people .... :mad:

Answer again : Yes and cant see a reason not to ......

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
goggalor said:
That guy was great. He even gave an encore at the Tour. Lancie-poo was fuming!

What a hero. Screw Armstrong, I'd ride with that guy.

sublimit said:
Same here, The guy that booed Lance is cool, and I'd rather go for a training ride with somebody like that anyday day of the week.

Sounds to me like both of you would enjoy a ride with Floyd then. ;)
Who else had the cajones to tell Lance to F-himself...in the middle of the Tour! :eek:

I'd ride with Floyd any day of the week. Now that would be entertaining!

6a012875949499970c01287594e918970c-pi

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm with autobus - the answer to the original question is no, and not because of doping allegations, but because, IMO, LA is not a person I want to spend time with. I find the way he treats people offensive.

Even in his own words - his very own book - he comes off as an arrogant jerk. I have enough people like that I have to deal with at the office. None in my free time, thanks.

TRENDING THREADS