• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

XC Skiing

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,

I just started skate skiing again because 1) I needed a break from the rollers and 2) we've had a pretty snowy winter here in Wisconsin so far. I hadn't skied in 19 years but am loving it as an alternative to biking. I think it keeps you fit and mentally fresh, even if I risk no longer looking like a t-rex. Whatever: I don't think I'm going to get the call-up from Quick Step anytime soon anyway.

My question is: anybody know about any XC skiing websites akin to cyclingnews that would help me dig into this sport in the same way I've come to know and love cycling? The last time I skate skied, there was no Internet (or at least none I could access).

Thanks for any help in this matter.