• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

XTERRA World Championships

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
297475_10150512334926110_139989526109_11275629_542995543_n.jpg

Lance Armstrong running the beach before his second swim lap.

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Did you read the results?

17 Gruget, Marvin Division 15 - 19

23 Armstrong, Lance Division Pro

6 places ahead of him.....yeah, we know, Lance's brake was rubbing or whatever the excuse de jour is.
I'm not making excuses for him, cause I'm not a FAN, but he fell hard, as I said earlier, and cracked his helmet (IOW, hit his head very hard) and this affected his performance in the final run section. He had been in 2nd place (5th in the swim and 5th in the bike legs of the race) up until the 10K running leg of the race. But he faded badly due to being dazed from the crash. make of it what you will.:eek:

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
nowhereman said:
I'm not making excuses for him, cause I'm not a FAN, but he fell hard, as I said earlier, and cracked his helmet (IOW, hit his head very hard) and this affected his performance in the final run section. He had been in 2nd place (5th in the swim and 5th in the bike legs of the race) up until the 10K running leg of the race. But he faded badly due to being dazed from the crash. make of it what you will.:eek:

He had already been passed on the bike by several riders before he fell. No surprise as in his last race he was passed on a climb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-wnIbXeeDU

The guy has only been retired for a few months, and according to his twitter has been training hard. This is the reality of Wonderboy's natural level

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Did you read the results?

17 Gruget, Marvin Division 15 - 19

23 Armstrong, Lance Division Pro

6 places ahead of him.....yeah, we know, Lance's brake was rubbing or whatever the excuse de jour is.

In the race to be the first to hate on Lance we had two unreferenced posts, one erroneous (claiming he placed 15th), the other vague (a picture of some kid in France with the subtitle, "15 yr old beats blah, blah").

In posting the results I was trying to say facts first, agenda second. I really couldn't care less where or why Lance placed where he did. :)

Race Radio said:
He had already been passed on the bike by several riders before he fell. No surprise as in his last race he was passed on a climb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-wnIbXeeDU

The guy has only been retired for a few months, and according to his twitter has been training hard. This is the reality of Wonderboy's natural level

serious question, why do you assume he's competing at his natural (clean) level now?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
bc_hills said:
In the race to be the first to hate on Lance we had two unreferenced posts, one erroneous (claiming he placed 15th), the other vague (a picture of some kid in France with the subtitle, "15 yr old beats blah, blah").

In posting the results I was trying to say facts first, agenda second. I really couldn't care less where or why Lance placed where he did. :)

I did not claim he finished 15th. I gave picture of the teenager who beat him, that is a fact.

Not my fault the old man got beat by a kid.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I didn't expect this to be an anti Lance thread; for the record this was not the intent of the OP. I didnt even know he was in the friggn race.

Getting over on the guy from behind a keyboard is manly though

with that said how do we know he didnt take a golf ball to his dome on the bike route? That course goes right through Kapalua

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:
I didn't expect this to be an anti Lance thread; for the record this was not the intent of the OP. I didnt even know he was in the friggn race.

Getting over on the guy from behind a keyboard is manly though

with that said how do we know he didnt take a golf ball to his dome on the bike route? That course goes right through Kapalua

Yeah, Yeah, we get it. Never question the myth.

Smart move to hit the head, it will make his "I do not recall" testimony more believable.

nowhereman said:

Pushed too hard on the bike then got clobbered on the run. Typical mistake for cyclists that do triathlons. You have to hold back a bit.

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like Armstrong's race is comparable to his performance at the US nationals a few weeks ago which were (IIRC) 4th best swim, 4th best bike, 23rd best run. 100th fastest run at Maui - maybe his running just isn't up to scratch rather than the effects of the bike crash?

nowhereman said:

Nah, he ran badly because he
1) busted his **** to try to lead the race off the bike
2) he isn't as good a runner as the other guys.

Chris Legh out ran him by 11 minutes, and he's late 30's with a heart condition..

Lance pulled the 'i was dazed' excuse out because he ran poorly.

Race Radio said:

Smart move to hit the head, it will make his "I do not recall" testimony more believable.

:)

Did you see who won? Non other than Michale Weiss. We discussed him recently: http://www.news.at/articles/1117/20...humanplasma-kundenliste-kugler-stephanie-graf

It seems a few of the guys he beat weren't too happy:
Jan Frodeno:http://twitter.com/#!/janfrodeno
"On that note, I´m really sorry but I can´t help feel that @dghugo was the first legitimate athlete across the line today! Well done buddy!"

Andi Böcherer:
https://twitter.com/#!/andiboecherer
If you are not clean enough for mountainbiking, can you be clean enough for triathlon ?!?! #fb

Nick777 said:
:)

Did you see who won? Non other than Michale Weiss. We discussed him recently: http://www.news.at/articles/1117/20...humanplasma-kundenliste-kugler-stephanie-graf

It seems a few of the guys he beat weren't too happy:
Jan Frodeno:http://twitter.com/#!/janfrodeno
"On that note, I´m really sorry but I can´t help feel that @dghugo was the first legitimate athlete across the line today! Well done buddy!"

Andi Böcherer:
https://twitter.com/#!/andiboecherer
If you are not clean enough for mountainbiking, can you be clean enough for triathlon ?!?! #fb

Because they don't dope in Triathlon. :rolleyes:

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:

Do you even read the posts you respond to? If you think Boeing's last post even remotely suggested what you're taking it to have meant, you're brain damaged.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:

*** edited by mod ***

look ma I'm part of the peloton on cn because I hate lance