• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

XTERRA World Championships

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:
you are as big a dousche as lance with the exception being you haven't earned your arrogance on anything other than your contempt behind a computer screen

look ma I'm part of the peloton on cn because I hate lance

Thanks for proving my point

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Ok everybody race disco wants us to know he hates lance and lance is the worst person since Sadam and he is the devil and he ruined cycling and RR wants him to fail and if you dont agree with him you are not a real cyclist at the level RR is because he is part of the peloton and he is the lance police and he hates lance and lance is a bad guy and lance doped did I mention lance dopes? in addition lets acknowledge that RR was the first to know that lance doped and he has been on the good fight from the beginning. in fact it is so important to him he wants to derail threads with his own importance

thank you RR. may we carry on a discussion now?

peerhaps there should be a thread about RR called "another interesting thing about race radio"? wait this is the only thing he knows my bad

Boeing said:
Ok everybody race disco wants us to know he hates lance and lance is the worst person since Sadam and he is the devil and he ruined cycling and RR wants him to fail and if you dont agree with him you are not a real cyclist at the level RR is because he is part of the peloton and he is the lance police and he hates lance and lance is a bad guy and lance doped did I mention lance dopes? in addition lets acknowledge that RR was the first to know that lance doped and he has been on the good fight from the beginning. in fact it is so important to him he wants to derail threads with his own importance

thank you RR. may we carry on a discussion now?

peerhaps there should be a thread about RR called "another interesting thing about race radio"? wait this is the only thing he knows my bad

Do you ever do anything other than complain about posters? Maybe you should take your own advice and add something to the relevant discussion.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Do you ever do anything other than complain about posters? Maybe you should take your own advice and add something to the relevant discussion.

what exactly is the discussion? Is it not relevant that this race ran through one of the most prestigious resorts in America? kind of ironic when they sell it as the one of the hardest down and dirty events????

do you do anything but complain about the industry people?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Boeing raises a very good point.

WHY is this now a Lance thread? Its certainly not the original topic - nor is he particularly relevant to the discussion of the race.

To put this another way, take the Lance talk to the LA thread.

Any further off topic posting in this thread will result in penalties being applied.

Martin318is said:
WHY is this now a Lance thread? Its certainly not the original topic - nor is he particularly relevant to the discussion of the race.

How can it not be relevant to the race. Armstrong competed. Over at Slowtwitch people were picking him for the win. When he totally melts down on the run it is a valid part of the race to discuss.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Martin318is said:
Boeing raises a very good point.

To put this another way, take the Lance talk to the LA thread.

Any further off topic posting in this thread will result in penalties being applied.

Google XTERRA World Championships. Are you able to find a story where lance is not the lead?

It certainly is on topic talk about how the worlds greatest endurance athlete was beat by a 16 year old kid at the race. It is also on topic to discuss how the winner dropped Lance on the bike.

It is not on topic for certain posters to obsessively bait and insult others.

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Nah man, it's not that people are posting about lance, it's the way it always comes about. Whether it's pro or con there's loads of baiting and bull****, no simple statement of fact or whatever.

It gets tired, the rhetoric that is. Can't it just stay in the clinic where there's seems to be lots of people that get really worked up about lance?

More on topic, it's very unusual that such a young racer as the French kid beat so many pros. I'd say he's got a future!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
How can it not be relevant to the race. Armstrong competed. Over at Slowtwitch people were picking him for the win. When he totally melts down on the run it is a valid part of the race to discuss.

okay the thread remains and Lance may be discussed IN THE CONTEXT OF THE RACE.

If the baiting and derailing keep happening then those involved will get a time out

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if lance doped for this event? they should check the fridge in the Kapalua presidential suite. Floyd should have held a press conference in Lehaina

inquiry minds want to know

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
bc_hills said:
More on topic, it's very unusual that such a young racer as the French kid beat so many pros. I'd say he's got a future!

This is certainly a good topic.

The kid mostly races Mtn Bikes in France and has had some good placings. 6th at Junior Worlds last year. He lives near the foot of Mt. Ventoux so you would expect he is a pretty good climber. He is 19, wonder where he will be racing the next few years? Many of the you Mtn bike guys move to the road around that age but I have not seen any road results for him

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
bc_hills said:

We haven't seen anything like that since the mid 80's.
If the kid can handle the psychological pressure, he may become one of the greatest athletes the sport has ever seen.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
We haven't seen anything like that since the mid 80's.
If the kid can handle the psychological pressure, he may become one of the greatest athletes the sport has ever seen.

Cadel Evans and Miguel Martinez both did this sort of thing in their younger days in the 90's. I am sure that there have been others since then.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Martin318is said:
Cadel Evans and Miguel Martinez both did this sort of thing in their younger days in the 90's. I am sure that there have been others since then.

I was talking tri athletes.
XTERRA stuff.
Running and Swimming and Biking.
All Around Athlete.
Haven't seen a teenage tri athlete really excell since the 80's.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Martin318is said:

Ritche Port was a good Tri Athlete......as was Kristen Armstrong.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
I was talking tri athletes.
XTERRA stuff.
Running and Swimming and Biking.
All Around Athlete.
Haven't seen a teenage tri athlete really excell since the 80's.

fiar enough, I was responding to the idea of young riders (junniors) racing successfully against the seniors and pros. Evans rode successfully in National level races when he was a teen for instance

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know when the US Xterra @ Snowbasin will air on Universal? I raced that event and am getting sick of DVRing last years as it keeps re-airing. Thanks