• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

XZTT v Anti-Doping Rule Violation Tribunal

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
pelodee said:
Apart from posting 10,412 posts what have you done for riders, anti-doping, the sport in general?

He took drugs
He got caught
He used admin to off
He hushed it up.

No, we are not talking about Pharmstrong.....

pelodee said:
Apart from posting 10,412 posts what have you done for riders, anti-doping, the sport in general?

I have done a lot more simply by not snorting blow then worming out of the charge using a slimy lawyer who ludicrously tries to tie helping a cokehead beat the rap as being part of the needed revolution in cycling.

I guess it could be a good thing. Verandah's Williams will save a ton on pot belge.

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Zultronova said:
Rider XZTT ? is one of the following cyclists :

Darren Rolfe, David Kemp, Christopher Williams, Hayden Brooks, Deon Locke. ??

Whilst I don't particularly respect the people actively suppressing this discussion, I think that the admins/mods do not want to risk a legal issue here, hoever small that might be. Out of respect for them, I'm not going to answer the question and I don't think we should play guessing games until the situation is clarified. Can one of the mods please clarify what the forum policy is on this discussion at the moment? Have any of you actually seen an injunction?

Realist said:
Whilst I don't particularly respect the people actively suppressing this discussion, I think that the admins/mods do not want to risk a legal issue here, hoever small that might be. Out of respect for them, I'm not going to answer the question and I don't think we should play guessing games until the situation is clarified. Can one of the mods please clarify what the forum policy is on this discussion at the moment? Have any of you actually seen an injunction?

There is nothing preventing people from posting his name on American owned cycling sites, which Australians can read. Trying to suppress knowledge like this in the age of the Internet is just stupid.

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
There is nothing preventing people from posting his name on American owned cycling sites, which Australians can read. Trying to suppress knowledge like this in the age of the Internet is just stupid.

I agree 100% but my understanding is CN have a presence in Australia and I'm waiting to see what the mods say. Once again, mods, please chip in anytime.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Just read the CN article, and finally got it.

Amazing (actually not) that this incredible example of UCI incompetence would overlap with the Armstrong saga, the Floyd Swiss court finding and the suit against Kimmage.

The UCI is so corrupt and incompetent that it is hard to imagine something like this would not overlap these other stories.

Oh, and Dear Wiggo's point above about the focus on 1 degree of saddle inclination* is spot on - as well as the sock rule, etc. The UCI rulebook keeps getting stupider and stupider when it comes to the impact on the entry level rider, yet the UCI is completely incompetent and corrupt when it comes to the big issues with the pro peloton.

Dave.

*I have had an electronic level for twenty years to set saddle incline - nowadays you can use smart phones and tablets. Many seat posts have ridges that can throw you off by an easy couple of degrees. Hitting zero incline can be quite difficult, but is a fundamentally absurd requirement.

Especially difficult with curved or angled top tubes, because you have to level the bike before you can measure the saddle

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Realist said:

Here is the source of the article on Cycling News : http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/unnamed-australian-rider-tests-positive

On October 23, 2010, XZTT supplied a urine sample following the Tour of Taihu (UCI Asia Tour 1.2) in China and two days later the National Anti-Doping Laboratory in Beijing took possession of both the A and B sample

Result of the Tour Of Taihu 2010 : http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-of-taihu-1-2/results

The five Australian Riders that took part are Darren Rolfe, David Kemp, Christopher Williams, Hayden Brooks, Deon Locke.

That information is there for all to see. That is where I derived those names from. Internet sources.........;)

Nobody is under any obligation to discuss or guess which rider it is. That is currently confidential. I am just pointing out the fact that Rider XZTT is one of the above mentioned cyclists. Whose names are easily derived from Internet sources.........;)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
so, if you are Tom Boonen, you can scoot to Monaco and be invited to parties, or Richard Gasquet get a slap on the wrist.

Seems only Martina Hingis gets done for blow.

I think everyone who is dialled into cycling knows this kid. Chin up, sorry mate.

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
BroDeal said:

I don't think this is an good reflection of the law. You may not be liable but those that publish it in Australia are liable. The law is clear on that point.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Zultronova said:
Here is the source of the article on Cycling News : http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/unnamed-australian-rider-tests-positive

Result of the Tour Of Taihu 2010 : http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-of-taihu-1-2/results

The five Australian Riders that took part are Darren Rolfe, David Kemp, Christopher Williams, Hayden Brooks, Deon Locke.

That information is there for all to see. That is where I derived those names from. Internet sources.........;)

Nobody is under any obligation to discuss or guess which rider it is. That is currently confidential. I am just pointing out the fact that Rider XZTT is one of the above mentioned cyclists. Whose names are easily derived from Internet sources.........;)

Those are the names of riders who completed the race. It is possible that another Australian started the race but did not finish and was drug tested.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
If an Australian goes and reads the name on Joe Papp's twitter are they breaking the law?
Is Twitter breaking the law by allowing Joe Papp's tweet to be read in Australia?

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Martin Hardie said:
So how does this contribute to a discussion of the issues, or to the resolution of the problems of maladministration that beset cycling?

If You read the above post it is a reply to another poster. Have You got anything else derogatory to add. Instead of replying to a post in haste I suggest that You use your cognitive abilities. Thank You.

Martin Hardie said:
I don't think this is an good reflection of the law. You may not be liable but those that publish it in Australia are liable. The law is clear on that point.

LOL. What are you guys going to do? Send your mighty navy to the U.S. to arrest the website owner?

It is not like it is difficult for someone to look up who signed for Willems Veranda's at the end of 2010.

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
BroDeal said:
LOL. What are you guys going to do? Send your mighty navy to the U.S. to arrest the website owner?

It is not like it is difficult for someone to look up who signed for Willems Veranda's at the end of 2010.

In anagram form. devaki dpm....:cool:

Martin Hardie said:
So how does this contribute to a discussion of the issues, or to the resolution of the problems of maladministration that beset cycling?

When an administrative body's maladministration benefits a particular rider, the logical possibility of corruption exists. That is a fair subject of discussion and you can't have that discussion without discussing the rider himself/herself.

Another issue was an issue that you yourself raised. When you tried to suppress the discussion of your client's name, you made that attempt at suppressing speech into an issue.

Your client is now participating in this discussion, through you. You have opened the door to fair comment.