• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Yellow for a day.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Kittel in yellow? :p I hope you're not serious on the Cav part... he's actually shown himself to be more than 'just' a sprinter. And the yellow jersey is the only prize his palmarès lacks.

Kittel's the same. Sorry, but just barely managing to hold on on low climbs isn't enough. "More than just a sprinter" would be a a Freire, an Hushovd, a Boonen, hell, a Jalabert if you want to go back further. Not to even talk about Sagan. My opinion is that the yellow just doesn't belong on a trac- err, "pure" sprinter's shoulders, sorry.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Broth3r said:
Kittel's the same. Sorry, but just barely managing to hold on on low climbs isn't enough. "More than just a sprinter" would be a a Freire, an Hushovd, a Boonen, hell, a Jalabert if you want to go back further. Not to even talk about Sagan. My opinion is that the yellow just doesn't belong on a trac- err, "pure" sprinter's shoulders, sorry.

you jest of course :eek:

http://www.mariocipollini.eu/en/media-gallery/detail/64/228

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Broth3r said:

you jest of course :eek:

http://www.mariocipollini.eu/en/media-gallery/detail/64/228

A few days of this, followed by a TT so normal service can be resumed then off to the steeps. You know it makes sense, :)

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Half of the names you have posted here doesnt deserve the yellow jersey. The yellow jersey was created for see the true champions wearing it, not riders like Hansen.

Andy Schleck.

To show my great support for Klöden I will wear him as my avatar from this moment and during the Tour :)

photo_1313570786667-1-HD_1691888_1_sid_Pxgen_r_Ax541.jpg

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
Half of the names you have posted here doesnt deserve the yellow jersey. The yellow jersey was created for see the true champions wearing it, not riders like Hansen.

Andy Schleck.
True champions wearing it?

Hansen finish his last 5 Grand Tours in a row (the only rider in the active peloton to ever do it) and still won a epic stage in this year Giro.

Yellow jersey it's more than a jersey for "true champions" , sometimes the underdogs deserve it to wear at least once in their careers.

But i guess your opinions aren't too valid, since you said Costa and Mollema were overrated and TJVG was going to destroy everyone in the last Suisse TT.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Hugo87 said:
True champions wearing it?

Hansen finish his last 5 Grand Tours in a row (the only rider in the active peloton to ever do it) and still won a epic stage in this year Giro.

Yellow jersey it's more than a jersey for "true champions" , sometimes the underdogs deserve it to wear at least once in their careers.

But i guess your opinions aren't too valid, since you said Costa and Mollema were overrated and TJVG was going to destroy everyone in the last Suisse TT.

Ah Okay, so one yellow jersey for all the underdogs of the peloton.

Since when the yellow jersey is a gift?

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
Ah Okay, so one yellow jersey for all the underdogs of the peloton.

Since when the yellow jersey is a gift?

I said Hansen and i justified why, didn't said all underdogs deserved the honor, don't try to put words in my mouth.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Hugo87 said:
I said Hansen and i justified why, didn't said all underdogs deserved the honor, don't try to put words in my mouth.

Then i'll ride five GT's for win the yellow jersey.

Doesnt matter if i take 20 years for it.

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
Then i'll ride five GT's for win the yellow jersey.

Doesnt matter if i take 20 years for it.
If you manage to do Five GT's in a row (now 6th for Hansen) ,manage to finish and win at least a stage, I would give you the yellow jersey.

for me Peter Sagan, if not in 2nd, than in 3d stage definately. By the way, given his statement that, they were training ttt specifically to be able to hold the yellow jersey in 4th stage, am I the only one that suspects he wants to attack whole peloton on the descent to Calvi? From the map, it doesn't look too technical, however I was in Corsica last year, and the maps tend to be very deceiving in this matter. My reasoning is, that they cannot be so out of this world in cannondale to think they would beat mainly OPQ and SKY in TTT, which would mean sagan counts with some time difference on riders of these teams before the TTT. And that would mean him attacking on that particular descent. Are there any good descenders in SKY and OPQ, or maybe also in other team that will probably finish in front of Cannondale in TTT?

tomorrow said:
for me Peter Sagan, if not in 2nd, than in 3d stage definately. By the way, given his statement that, they were training ttt specifically to be able to hold the yellow jersey in 4th stage, am I the only one that suspects he wants to attack whole peloton on the descent to Calvi? From the map, it doesn't look too technical, however I was in Corsica last year, and the maps tend to be very deceiving in this matter. My reasoning is, that they cannot be so out of this world in cannondale to think they would beat mainly OPQ and SKY in TTT, which would mean sagan counts with some time difference on riders of these teams before the TTT. And that would mean him attacking on that particular descent. Are there any good descenders in SKY and OPQ, or maybe also in other team that will probably finish in front of Cannondale in TTT?

On Sky, perhaps EBH and Stannard could try and follow Sagan on the descent, but not sure they will risk it. Bigger goals ahead.

That leaves OPQS where a great deal of their riders will try and keep Cav in the game. Maybe Chavanel and Kwia could follow whatever Sagan does. Not sure.

Dazed and Confused said:
On Sky, perhaps EBH and Stannard could try and follow Sagan on the descent, but not sure they will risk it. Bigger goals ahead.

That leaves OPQS where a great deal of their riders will try and keep Cav in the game. Maybe Chavanel and Kwia could follow whatever Sagan does. Not sure.

well, I don't know about Kwiatek, but Chavanel maybe could. However not for Cav I think, but for him having the yellow after TTT. Even though Cav showed yesterday he's not that lost when the road goes up as he used to be, but I can't see him in the front group in stage 3. In stage 2, it's definately doable depending on the pace on the last hill(about 1km at nearly 10%), not that he would be in front at the top of that climb, but his teammates could possibly return him to the front if there are enough of them., but in stage 3, that's mission impossible for him I think.

tomorrow said:
well, I don't know about Kwiatek, but Chavanel maybe could. However not for Cav I think, but for him having the yellow after TTT. Even though Cav showed yesterday he's not that lost when the road goes up as he used to be, but I can't see him in the front group in stage 3. In stage 2, it's definately doable depending on the pace on the last hill(about 1km at nearly 10%), not that he would be in front at the top of that climb, but his teammates could possibly return him to the front if there are enough of them., but in stage 3, that's mission impossible for him I think.

Nothing is certain for 2 and 3, so yeah bring them on.

If Kwia goes with Sagan, it could even force a bit of GC action.