• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Yellow for a day.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
In the absence of Big George and Jens V, (2 very obvious choices of years gone by) apart from a fellow countryman who would you most like to see in yellow and why.

Following his horrendous somersalting antics from a couple of years ago. I would like to start with a man known in our house as `barbed wire Johnny`
Johnny Hoogerland :):):)

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
xanadu said:
In the absence of Big George and Jens V, (2 very obvious choices of years gone by) apart from a fellow countryman who would you most like to see in yellow and why.

Following his horrendous somersalting antics from a couple of years ago. I would like to start with a man known in our house as `barbed wire Johnny`
Johnny Hoogerland :):):)

Jens is racing I think

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The one guy I would like to see in yellow more than anyone else, would have to be Andy Schleck. How perfect would that be? After a lost year in 2012, and struggling to get back to his old level all this year. It would just be great to see him take a stage win form a breakaway and the yellow jersey. It would be the perfect comeback. :)

Afrank said:
The one guy I would like to see in yellow more than anyone else, would have to be Andy Schleck. How perfect would that be? After a lost year in 2012, and struggling to get back to his old level all this year. It would just be great to see him take a stage win form a breakaway and the yellow jersey. It would be the perfect comeback. :)

I agree Andy would be pretty cool.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Andy Schleck can come back for future stage wins, so how about an old timer having a last moment of golry. Any one for Kloden ;)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
xanadu said:
Andy Schleck can come back for future stage wins, so how about an old timer having a last moment of golry. Any one for Kloden ;)

Meh, the old guys have had their days and their success. I want to see someone in yellow that really deserves to wear it, even if it is only for a day. And Andy after what he's gone through would most certainly deserves to wear yellow.

If we're talking about only old guys though, I wouldn't mind seeing Cadel get to wear yellow one more time. Jens would be cool too.

Libertine Seguros said:
Pierrick Fedrigo.

Pretty much nobody else, except maybe Jimmy Engoulvent.

i'd rather wipe out fedrigo if i were you. french enigma, kind of missed that big nose. don't worry he will win a stage just like in other years:cool:

engoulvent, is saur invited in le tour?:eek: damn those organizers never learn anything then...of course to be honest there weren't better choices. only vini fantini maybe...

ok i don't know how it could happen but it would be awesome to see benjamin noval maillot jaune

Another vote for Andreas Klöden.

Andreas-Kloden1.jpg

Second choice:

CUNEGO-292x440.jpg