• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

You might be a poser...

1) If your saddle to bar drop is so much that you cannot use the drops for more than a minute then you might be a poser.

2) If you have ever bought ceramic bearings, you might be a poser.

3) If your sunglasses cost more than your heart rate monitor, you might be a poser.

4) If you buy saddles based on weight and looks instead of six hour comfort, you might be a poser.

5) If you have an $8K bike and your big "race" of the season is the MS150 then you might be a poser.

7) If every ride ends in the park where the coeds hang out, you might be a poser.

8) If wear a full team kit for a team that is not paying you then you might be a poser.

9) If you own six pairs of shoes that are used to color match the rest of your clothing then you might be a poser.

10) If your big chain ring has less grease on it than your little chain ring, you might be a poser.

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
3) If your sunglasses cost more than your heart rate monitor, you might be a poser.

4) If you buy saddles based on weight and looks instead of six hour comfort, you might be a poser.

9) If you own six pairs of shoes that are used to color match the rest of your clothing then you might be a poser.

Once you achieve all 3 of those you are an automatic bad ***.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
10) If your big chain ring has less grease on it than your little chain ring, you might be a poser.

.. or if that big chain ring is a compact

11) you use Carbon Tubular's for a friendly group ride

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

I think there's a good chance that Mario Cipollini might be a poser by those standards. :p

A

Anonymous

No

Cerberus said:
I think there's a good chance that Mario Cipollini might be a poser by those standards. :p

No rules apply to Mario. He was beyond category.

You are probably a poser if you attempt in any way to look or act like Mario.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
i work at a shop myself and the mechanics very much like ceramic bearings they simply put are superior to standard bearings and need little maintenance and offer noticeably less friction. whats the problem?:confused:

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:
i work at a shop myself and the mechanics very much like ceramic bearings they simply put are superior to standard bearings and need little maintenance and offer noticeably less friction. whats the problem?:confused:

they are destroyed in three months.......and cost unimaginable amounts of money to replace......:(

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
slowoldman said:
they are destroyed in three months.......and cost unimaginable amounts of money to replace......:(

Really? I thought that ceramics last longer then normal bearings.....not that I have ever bought them, then I would be a posuer.

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Really? I thought that ceramics last longer then normal bearings.....not that I have ever bought them, then I would be a posuer.

They came on our bikes a couple of years ago. Three months for the majority of the team. They were replaced with normal bearings after finding out the cost. And we were tired of being a bunch of posers....:p

If you ride past plate glass windows so you can check yourself ou then you might be a poser.

If you disconnect your cyclometer when coming back through town so your average speed is not affected by intersections and then brag to friends about your average, you might be a poser.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
If you ride past plate glass windows so you can check yourself ou then you might be a poser.

If you disconnect your cyclometer when coming back through town so your average speed is not affected by intersections and then brag to friends about your average, you might be a poser.

Uh-----oh.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Wallace said:
If you think "You might be... (a fred, a poser, a red neck) jokes are funny, you might be a... moron.

I guess I am a maroon, then. And happily so. Humor involves a grain of truth.

I could be a poster boy for a Fred, doesn't bother me at all. I don't feel put down by it. It's funny to me to have things pointed out that are Fred-ulent that I haven't even noticed that I do. Like ride a roadbike with mtn bike shoes.

You might be thinskinned if having fun poked at yourself in an interweb forum is painful.

and just for good measure....You might be a redneck if you have ever been too drunk to fish...

You might be a redneck if your richest relative gets a new house and you get invited over to the housewarming party to help take the wheels off.

I think the less we allow ourselves to see the humor actually divides the culture rather than unites it because it's socially unacceptable to acknowledge our differences.

alberto.legstrong said:
I guess I am a maroon, then. And happily so. Humor involves a grain of truth.

I could be a poster boy for a Fred, doesn't bother me at all. I don't feel put down by it. It's funny to me to have things pointed out that are Fred-ulent that I haven't even noticed that I do. Like ride a roadbike with mtn bike shoes.

You might be thinskinned if having fun poked at yourself in an interweb forum is painful.

and just for good measure....You might be a redneck if you have ever been too drunk to fish...

You might be a redneck if your richest relative gets a new house and you get invited over to the housewarming party to help take the wheels off.

I think the less we allow ourselves to see the humor actually divides the culture rather than unites it because it's socially unacceptable to acknowledge our differences.

touche!!

May 15, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
If you ride through a plate glass window while checking yourself out, you might be a poser, or a loser:p
Don't know about the ceramics, since switching to ceramics in my XT bb, I haven't had to replace them yet, and before, I was getting at best 2-3 months.
So poser I'll happily be if my d@mned BB stops creaking, groaning and dying.
How about:
When you use"musette" in a sentence, and you're not from the continent
You say "kit", and you're not from the continent
You feel you need that 6K Carbon Uber frame to stay competitive
Your bikes have DA or equivalent, and you paid full retail for them
Your pedals don't have scrapes on the sides
Your legs don't have scapes on the sides
Great fun!

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

Although in my defence 'Intersections' is 8miles through central London...

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
No rules apply to Mario. He was beyond category.

You are probably a poser if you attempt in any way to look or act like Mario.

Cruds. Then I will have to take my spotted tights back to the store. I still fancy that the chicks dig them though.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
You might be a poser if...

You only watch cycling in July.

You cut and paste wikepedia knowledge into the Clinic and pretend to be a doctor.

You leave your race number on your bike and/or jersey just so people around town know you race.

You drink Michelob Ultra because Lance does.

You own a TT helmet but don't have a TT rig.

You have a triple on a non-touring bike.

You bought a fixie so you can fit in at the coffee shop.

Suddenly it gets real quiet at the bike shop when you walk in after your latest "just riding along" story.

5) If you have an $8K bike and your big "race" of the season is the MS150 then you might be a poser.

but that "ride" itself is a poser, organized & raced by posers with the only objective to pose while in the Cape:p

PS: I did it once, because my GF was doing it so.... :D

TRENDING THREADS