• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your favourite comedians

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Dunno if you lot know about Lee Mack, he's from the UK and is very funny indeed.
It's a bit reticent English humour, but funny non the less.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
no comedian from australia is funny. they are all ****!

To be fair any Aussie comedian, as soon as they're half decent, runs off to Britain, where there's big money to be made.

Barry Humphries is obviously a legend, but I like Adam Hills and Jim Jefferies. Tim Minchin is very big over here too.

But my favourites over the years:

Richard Pryor
Robin Williams
Billy Connolly
Bill Hicks
George Carlin
Lee Evans
Eddie Izzard
Chris Rock
Ricky Gervais
Demetri Martin
Sean Lock
Jack Dee
Rhod Gilbert

and Woody Allen, even the only bit of stand-up of his I've seen is the moose sketch.

others I can't recall right now.

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
AngusW said:
I heard the "I shot a moose monlogue" on the radio earlier this year. Hilarious.

Brilliant....God is great too.

If we are talking contemporary comedians...Louis CK

Further back, stand out stand ups have to be Richard Pryor and Bill Hicks.

Comic actors....Gene Wilder....completely inoffensive but literally pant wetinngly silly.