• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your Five Moments of 2009

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 15, 2009
Visit site
1. Cavendish/Haussler MSR
2. Wiggins' Tour de France
3. Cavendish's Tour de France (Im including the Columbia ripping up the pack in the wind stage here)
4. Evans' World Champs win
5. Contador bonks at Paris-Nice

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
my turn then, alot of these are memorable rather than favourite moments.

1 - Milan-San Remo - that finish, amazing best of the year.
2 - Menchov falling off in the final KM of the giro. - How nailbiting was that? That is extremly mememorable.
3 - Cadel Evans wins the World Championships
4 - Paris-Roubaix - That was going to be a very exciting final, until the crashes began.
5 - Columbia splitting the peloton - Great show of power there

After watching the 2009 Giro highlights I have to include this one:

Stage 16-Monte Petrano
A certain rider that was supposedly riding in support of a rider with the initials of LL and with another teammate up the mountain on a solo attack, decides to shuck off his assigned domestique duties and bridge up to the elite group of Menchov, DiLuca, Basso, and Sastre. Seconds after this particular rider makes contact with the elite group, Sastre lauches an attack that immediately spits said LL domestique out the back, left to skulk back to his duties of pulling up the mountain a tore-up looking LL, whose sunglasses are perched precariously on his helmet, a symbol of his Giro failure. For me rather poetic justice for statements made by a certain rider about the quality of the riders and racing at the 2008 Tour that Sastre was the victor. Ahhh, life is good!

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
1. Cavendish sprint at MSR( unbelievable sprint to beat haussler)
2. the entire Paris-Nice race( the best stage race this year IMO)
3. The last 20 km of Roubaix
4. Contador overall victory at the TDF
5. The battles between da luca and menchov at the giro

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Most memorable that I saw myself o tv, hmm:

1) Cav vs Hushovd in the TDF green, culminating in THAT break by thor, and then renshaw/cav on the champs elysee
2) Contador winning the TDF by a mile, inc some of the best climbing displays ever, esp all the ones where he dropped LA
3) Cav vs Haussler at MSR
4) Shouting at my telly when the slug (Vino) went off the front of the WC peloton, only for crazy Johnny to pull him back in, and drop him. Crazy Johnny became a hero that day for shoving it to one of the most despised cyclists
5) Fabfab, just everytime, especially the Worlds TT, and then the display of power in the RR, which, if the restof the mini break had been prepared to put in any work, could have lead to a Worlds double.

and a bonus one as i couldn't not mention it
6) Feilleu the younger winning that stage in the TDF, one of the best i have seen, and good to see la belle France having a rider finally to cheer o who could win things, rather than just go on doomed breakaways (yes, slyvain and tommy v, i am looking at you!)

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
1) Menchov's fall and Giro win reaction.
2) Armstrong returning and all the commotion around it, including taking third in tour.
3) Evans winning WC, he never wins anything big!
4) Evans losing Vuelta due to stupid tire change.
5) Kenny van Hummel in the tour, struggling every day in the mountains and finally crashing and having to abandon.

Honorable mention goes to Serge Pauwels from Cervelo being told to wait (unnecessarily!) in Giro stage 15 that he would have surely won otherwise.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
1. Watching Contador play with people in the TDF on the mountains..him probably thinking "ummm I'm bored, I think I'll take off and win now"

2. George winning the US champion..he has been one of my favorite riders for years, since I got to watch him up close in Philly alot(along with Fast Freddy).

3. Cav winning stage after stage, and when Columbia spilt the pack in the TDF

4. Liking what the future holds with Tyler Farrar

5. People coming together in Philly and funding the race so we could have a pro race in town. People gave as much as they could just to have a day of fun...and me coming in 4th in the Wall climb on the Friday before the race, after having a torn MCL for last 8 months before that(my leg is still not right, but I can pedal.)

Moments 6-10 would include the Classics, Rock Racing winning a stage in the TOC....was a good year in cycling for me.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
mikeNphilly said:
1. Watching Contador play with people in the TDF on the mountains..him probably thinking "ummm I'm bored, I think I'll take off and win now"

2. George winning the US champion..he has been one of my favorite riders for years, since I got to watch him up close in Philly alot(along with Fast Freddy).

3. Cav winning stage after stage, and when Columbia spilt the pack in the TDF

4. Liking what the future holds with Tyler Farrar

5. People coming together in Philly and funding the race so we could have a pro race in town. People gave as much as they could just to have a day of fun...and me coming in 4th in the Wall climb on the Friday before the race, after having a torn MCL for last 8 months before that(my leg is still not right, but I can pedal.)

Moments 6-10 would include the Classics, Rock Racing winning a stage in the TOC....was a good year in cycling for me.

well done for having a good year. It is just a shame you are a gargantuan idiot.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=122827&postcount=56

And the Flandis thread...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the post research worship.

This thread is about the 5 things that people thought were great in cycling in 2009, not a place weak for personal attacks. I have enjoyed reading it.

I get your resentment of the real Rock Racing gear, people in the know will buy the real stuff. It must cut your sales in knock off Rock Racing gear on ebay...as you are in China.

If you or the couple of other guys on here need help in board PVP(since you just got killed and dry looted) here is a little site to help you out.
(This is a real website, no funny stuff this time)
http://www.illidrama.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1826
a very famous thread.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Cavendish catching Haussler at Milan - San Remo.. i still dont know how he got him.

Andy Schlek during the TDF, looking out for his brother most of the time and climbing so well.

David Millar getting a TT stage at the Vuelta

Cavendish, Renshaw burying everybody in TDF final stage

Jens Voight's scary crash on an alpine descent at the Tour. - not good and glad he's OK.

TRENDING THREADS